What's new

Closing price for the day was different than the Stop Loss that was executed. Why is that ? Rookie here

Remi88

Hi all. I'm Remi. I am slowly getting into Forex trading. Got some basic idea of how all of this work. Trying my best with a Demo account currently. And as far i understand all the obvious details of trading, i am quite confused by certain, more advanced aspects of it. For instance i placed a SELL trade on EURGBP. I was watching it live basically. And at 10pm GMT the market closed down. Next minute it opened. The broker have had executed stop limit at wrong value. According to the chart the price never got even close to SL yet the trade was closed. With a loss of course. The trend was bearish for a while at that moment. Price just randomly skyrocketed for an instant ?
But luckily its a demo account. But this is something i don't get and i would like to make sure i will understand this kind of behaviour before i start with real money.
So the pink markers are the SL and the closing price on that big red candle. How is that possible and how can i tell what was the actual closing price then ? Why would my broker execute this if even they didnt knew the price ? Why the price that's shown on the charts is so different then the SL ?

Thank you.
1695937203150.png

Attachments

• 1695937132840.png
    1695937132840.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.