What's new

dear traders do you use a stoploss ?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ccjin

Dear traders, I want to ask you questions about trading:

1. Do you use stoploss or not?
2. Why do you use stoploss and why you don't?
3. How many pips do you use your stoploss?
thanks anyway
:)

1. It depends, for example if i'm trading m15-h1 chart i dont. But any time frames higher i use a SL
2. I use them to prevent further loss occuring when I dont have immediate access to charts
3. i risk a % of my account. I dont base my SL on the amount of pips

thanks anyway
i use a stop loss to manage losses/risk. a stop loss allows me to risk a certain percentage of my account(Am i willing to risk a dollar or ten dollars). this way i can manage my losses. How wide my stop is(no of pips) depends on my lot size and the amount of equity im willing to risk(if i open with a lot size of 0.01 i can have a wider stop loss than if i open with a larger lot size).

depending on my expectations(weather i think the market will trend or not) i can set a trailing stoploss or a take profit.Ok hand

1. Always.
2. - to protect my capital - to hold my rrr (my minimum rrr is 1:3 - Is the reward below 3 then I don't take the trade, period.)
3. same as broskibroski ( 3. i risk a % of my account. I dont base my SL on the amount of pips)

4. As little bonus. Keep moving your SL (lower high/higher low - depends on trend - in a range it isn't possible of course) with structure after breakout (new high/low with closed candle eg above the last high). So you get risk free trades (break even) and I call them winning SL's or WSL's (where your SL makes you money instead of cost it you). Especially important for swing trades.

Last edited:
Yes, I use it. But I have a bad experience when I am trading with OctaFx. The spread become wider and wider when there is a big news, it is very very annoying me and waste my time, so now I'm not trading with Octa Fx anymore.

As a rule of thumb, traders should use Stop Loss to stop losses, so you can decide how many percent of your losses will be in your investment portfolio.If you don't put in the pot, you can get lost.

Yes, I do use stop loss. Because it is not possible to maintain money management and risk management without using a stop loss. Markets cannot always be observed. So it is imperative to use stop loss when maintaining risk rewards. Money management is also more important. Stop losses play a very important role in protecting against unexpected losses.

It is important to study the market before using stop loss. Sometimes it is mandatory to use it when you are in a volatile market.

thanks anyway
It is certainly wise to use a stop loss - I relate mine to the ATR - so for more volatile instruments it gives the trade room to breathe. If you habitually don`t use a stop - the law of averages shows you will blow up your account. However moving your stop is also vital in order to protect your account.

thanks anyway
yes 50 pips stop loss max. any more than that i have got trend too wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.