What's new

General decent cheap stable dividend stocks

madgar29

I believe the title says it all. But let me go into depth with my horrible English grammar. Keep in mind I just started so my profilio is extremely limited. This is not for day traders, penny stocks, buy low sell high. Buying low would be nice however but that is only a PLUS.

This thread is for longterm investments for stocks you want to hold for maybe even a lifetime. unless you know they are about to go under.

1. I am looking for cheap or decently priced stocks.( a lot of stocks are over valued and over priced we all know this - a lot of those even their dividends are garbage or have none. - I was going to invest in AMD heavily intill I saw no dividend payout ever.)
2. Stable companies been around for years not going anywhere.
3. Dividends need to be monthly
4. Dividends need to average above 5.00 - Now this can be lower due to market going way down - have to look at past 5 years to see their real dividends were above 5.00
5. This goes with being stable and old (value of company how many millions-billions this shows me stability) - cash on hand - assets vs. liabilities... I am not too concerned if the stats look decent and their revenue sucks in 2020 that is good means I can buy cheap.
6. stock ownership - if I see a lot of insider ownership thats AMAZING if i see less than 5% insider, I am gonna wonder do these employees even believe in their own company???

This being all said does anyone have any STOCKS at all that fit this picture? I can name one. Again I just started. I am going to buy 100 shares of them and move on to my next hit. but my First hit that I am getting 100 shares of is literally only 5.07 as of today, they are worth 1.18b they been in business, stocks say 2001 website says official 1988 so they got 32 years 12 or 13 being a private firm. I think that's a good record. their dividend yield is 12.47 ATM the stock code is PSEC, they are a financial group that deals with debt, but they also invest heavily and work with bigger companies to settle debts. - this is how I see it. There is a similar company in Florida I been looking at but they started in 2005 and only net work at 380million and in this economy I find them to be somewhat of a risk.

Many might ask why this weird investment strategy, obviously it is a long term investment style, but it is also to me under the theory of compounding interest, Passive income, Again gotta invest a lot and it takes time, but those shares will literally pay for more by themselves in a company worth 1.18b I find that to be great. tell me if I am wrong but I do not think this bad market will last a life time.

Please tell me your guys honest opinion on my long term strategy, btw. I am starting small and I want to work my way up. and I do not prefer to just have financial companies, I want all kinds of companies, reality, products, technology and information technology eh, maybe Cisco be a decent buy they have a lower dividend but they are priced well.... Kraft is good too before crash they were at 90 a pop down to 20 they have gone back to 35-37. Again I am looking at this in the long hall, I want to start small go larger in time, and start building that compounding interests.

Don't just tell me my investment plan is stupid, I want to hear if anyone out there knows any good stocks that fit this strategy. not just PSEC and other companies that got hit hard, or maybe a new company that going to get big. Those are the great ones to find. I did share one stock. and when I get my goal of 100, I start my new stock, I will share the new one with you all the goal for next stock is a different sector. Probably Realaity they got hit hard they are cheap land is not going any where you got companies worth billions selling at 10 bucks diviends seem a little low on realty is the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.