What's new

do you guys beleive in mentorships?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Time has never trained a mentor so I am not aware of this. I have chosen different platforms online as my mentors. And I get a lot of benefits from this.

Honestly, I don’t. There is literally nothing that a mentor can teach you and you won’t find on Google. Just do some research and you will find everything.

A good mentor can be very valuable, but only if their trade style fits your own personality, and they have provable success. Otherwise they can do more harm than good, costing you time and money - possibly setting your development back years.

With the help of mentors, one can understand the concepts of trading quickly and avoid the struggles of self-learning. But the problem is to find genuine mentors. But this shouldn’t stop you. There are thousands of forex communities where you can take help and guidance from professional traders.

Not really! Mentors will take money from you to teach you what you can learn for free. And when you have forums like these, why do you want to limit your options? You can get guidance from numerous experienced traders for your queries.

@waylon1 I agree! It is very hard to find someone trustworthy when money is involved. Rather than having a mentor I prefer posting my doubts on forex forums and then pick the suggestion which seems relevant and useful to me.

Mentors can assist in swiftly grasping trade concepts and avoiding the difficulties of self-learning. However, genuine mentors are difficult to come by. This, however, should not prevent you from pursuing your goals. There are many forex communities where you may get advice and support from experienced traders.

Mentors can assist in swiftly grasping trade concepts and avoiding the difficulties of self-learning. However, genuine mentors are difficult to come by. This, however, should not prevent you from pursuing your goals. There are many forex communities where you may get advice and support from experienced traders.

True this. I looked up mentors and found it very hard to weed out the genuine ones from the influencer kinds. Many were keen on settling on the rates and went off on a sales pitch before even understanding what my needs were!

You will be really lucky if you happen to find a genuine mentor. Most of them out there are just trying to sell thin air. It’s better to learn on your own and get help with your queries from experienced traders on forex forums and youtube.

It feels nice if someone can help you understand something in an easy way quickly. A mentor does the same. But these days, many ‘mentors’ scam innocent people. It is definitely hard to find the right one, but not impossible. Playing safe here is the best bet.

I don’t because I don’t think that it’s that easy to find someone who will help you with your trades. Nearly all the mentors you will find these days are there to draw money from you. So, it’s best to learn on your own.

Well I have mentors whom I look up to as idols in forex trading - Paul Tudor Jones, Hanah, Rayner Teoand more. But I’m strictly against paying someone to provide me mentorship and guidance in learning forex. Everything is available to learn for free. And a trader should be patient and dedicated enough to find out his own mistakes and improve by themselves. Moreover nowadays ‘mentorship’ has become an easy trap to set up by scammers, so it's better to stay away from them.

have you ever taken any mentorship and learned anything from it or was it just another scam
I think that in having a mentor will just cause you to be lazy and not to really learn trading, what if the mentor's not there anymore, what will you do? I think solo trading and learning by yourself is the best way forward.

Those traders who have a real and genuine mentor can have a first hand experience of how forex trading actually works. They can learn through practical working and trading with their mentors, which is more efficient than learning from books and articles only.
But I do not believe mentorship is necessary. Those who have mentors, it's good for them. I believe self study is as good as having a mentor, sometimes even better than mentorship because many mentors are scammers. Self study might take time, but it can be equally efficient when the trader practises with a demo account.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.