What's new

Is 1:500 leverage bad for small account?

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes
Having leverage is never bad. Taking too much risk because you have a high leverage and don’t know anything about risk management might however lead to blow your account.

In other words : it’s not bad, doesn’t mean it should be used.

In times of high probability trade setups with lower risk, I don't see it a problem. Infact all the legendary traders did leverage a lot when they got into this kind of setups.

Find a percentage of your Bank that you are comfortable working with and stick with it. Making good decisions on which trade to take is difficult enough but throw in worrying about losing your bank!!!!! Ya'll simply burn out and never enjoy the business.

Leverage is like two edged sword in forex market my friend. It might help you to take bigger lot with small amount but it is also quite risky. Even I trade at 1:500 leverage with Eurotrader. But one think you must consider while using such leverage, you must need to follow proper money management and risk-reward ratio on each trade you take on the market. Otherwise there is a high chance you can blow your account.

It's good average. In my opinion it does not matter because the money management and risk management is based on your equity so you should not leverage more than your risk tolerance.

Hello guys... is 1:500 leverage bad for small account!? Can it be a reason to blow account?
i wouldnt trade using 500 leverage if i was a beginner forex trader,you would blow your account in seconds,unless you have good money management and a profitable trading strategy ...otherwise you would be good to trade 500 even 1000 leverage

Hello guys... is 1:500 leverage bad for small account!? Can it be a reason to blow account?

Honestly it all depends on the strategy your using and what your trying to achieve for that specific account. Generally speaking you need to consider your success rate of the strategy you intend to implement. Thereafter you need to also take into account your initial capital and money management strategy. Ideally you would want a high success rate trading strategy with low risk.

1:300 is the best becoz uaing higher than that will put your account into risk of being wipped within seconds:LOL:

Yes it can blow your account, keep in mind with high leverage you can make alot of money because your margins are small, which means you can take many trades but if the trades go south then you will blow your account!

Risk Management is key! If u are conistently winning and/or can afford a big loss then its aight. But if u arent or havent both of these its not recommended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.