What's new

Is 1:500 leverage bad for small account?

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes
Talk about leverage, I know broker that offer 1:3000 leverage it is Exness, be careful guys, 1:3000 is an abnormal leverage, Exness has been broke their regulations, it's not safe anymore when you trade in Exness, please choose broker with reasonable leverage, up to 1:2000 is perfect leverage.

Can you send me that ea.. I got my coder he can unlock it. I will send you a copy when done.
I have an unlocked version and try to make him running successful again.

No, it’s not bad as long as you know the ins and outs of using leverage. But if you don’t, you better don’t use it just to maximize your risks. Use high leverage only when you know in which direction the market is going.
Honestly, I have never used leverage more than 1:100 because it’s too risky and I don’t wish to take any risks that I can’t afford. The rest is up to you.

Personally, I would focus on risk management. Leverage is a part of this, but not everything. Position sizing is key. Thus, if you risk 0.05 lot on 10 pips SL, with a 1:100 leverage, it would be similar to 0.01 lot with 10 pip sl on a 1{500 leverage. Both would have you risking about .5% of your account. Understanding risk management is key to increasing your odds of surviving. Try on a smaller account first, before investing huge sums of money.

Not bad if you know what you are doing and applying proper risk management strategies. But if it’s just for fun, you better don’t take any kind of unnecessary risks, especially when there are equal chances of making profits and losses.

i like to use lots of leverage on my small accounts. just know what risk you can take and you should be good

Yes, using high leverage, such as 1:500, can significantly increase the risk of blowing your trading account, especially when combined with a small account balance. Leverage allows you to control a larger position size with a smaller amount of capital. While this can amplify potential gains, it also magnifies losses. Even a small adverse price movement can result in significant losses, potentially wiping out your account if you're using high leverage. High leverage ties up a significant portion of your account's margin, limiting your ability to take additional trades or adjust your positions. This lack of flexibility can hinder your ability to adapt to changing market conditions or employ risk management techniques effectively.

So to sum it all up ----- high leverage can be a useful if used with proper risk management.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.