What's new

Is forex about robots or the knowledge?

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Knowledge is required to trade Forex. You can trade through robots or by knowledge. But I think it is better to be able to trade by creating knowledge. It is possible to be flexible by trading with knowledge. But here you have to trade with full focus.

It's both. Even if you use robots it's a good idea to have at least a basic knowledge so you understand why a robot is opening or closing a position.

Learn trading manually. I'm a programmer and I've been trying to code a profitable system for weeks now and all my backtests return huge losses, only using price action and no indicators. Don't waste your time with robots, it's a difficult journey. It is easier and more profitable to trade manually.

Trading with knowledge is better than trading with robots because it makes you flexible. The forex market turns out to be extremely volatile, if you’re flexible in your trading strategies, then you can handle the market with good analysis. Robots can’t behave the same way.

Buying robots is like buying fish. Possessing knowledge is like knowing how to fish. To survive longer in the market, we need knowledge

Forex robots are limited in thinking and can’t act beyond what they are programmed to do. On the other hand, your knowledge can help you see things differently and deal with the unpredicted market situations more effectively . But that doesn’t mean bots are useless. You can use them to assist you in trading. However, do not trust them blindly.

I think knowledge is better and you can turn that in to your own robot if you want to some day
I agree! Knowledge is a powerful weapon for being a successful trader in the long run. Forex robots are dependent on certain conditions for working efficiently whereas knowledge will help drive a trader through any difficult trading situation.

Undoubtedly forex robots are very useful for making profits. But they have their limitations. Traders with knowledge can make profitable trades in tough market conditions too.

Undoubtedly forex robots can make profitable trades but they have their limitations and can not provide success in the long run.
Traders seeking a good trading career need to have a good amount of knowledge and understanding about the market.

most bots, or EAs are about knowledge if you have the right knowledge and the right programming then you make a good EA. but at the end of the day it will depends on how knowledgable you are in forex

I think to use a forex robot properly one already has to be pretty knowledgeable. The idea that a newbie would plug in a robot and sit back while it makes a profit for them without understanding how or why or the strategy behind it is not very productive.

Its ALL about Knowledge and which includes having an edge in the market. dont use robots or signals. it will save you money in the long run to learn trading the proper way.

Definitely, Forex is about knowledge. EA is just a trading type and personally I don’t like EA trading because Eas start to fall after some time. These cannot be the best alternative for trading. But you can easily and smoothly run an EA on the platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robots are preprogrammed. So they can do limited tasks in trading. However, the forex market is unprecedented. The factors that can influence the market are also endless. Thus, knowledge of the market is paramount to become a successful trader to take informed trading decisions. But we can’t deny robots are beneficial and can assist in trading.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.