What's new

Whats better MT4 or MT5?

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Of course MT5 is better but still very new, so there will be limitations and not as many indicators and EAs available for it at the moment.

From my perspective, MT4 and MT5 are interchangeable.Both MT4 and MT5 are regarded as some of the best trading platforms available.

I use MT4 mainly for currency trading, and the platform is suitable even for beginner traders due to its simple trading tools.

A wise person on the forum told me to start on mt4 as a beginner due to being more user friendly and availability of resources. After you have learnt then you move to mt5
Regards

I prefer MT5 since MT5 was developed to facilitate simpler trading in non-Forex CFDs, whereas MT4 was meant to trade Forex. They employ distinct programming languages, and MT5 can do back testing quicker than MT4. Unlike MT4, MT5 supports DOM (depth of market functionality) and is theoretically supported by MetaQuotes.

MT5 is quicker and more efficient than MT4, but it does not replace the prior platform because it is unique and provides more than MT4.

MT5 allows you to trade more instruments in nearly all financial markets, including forex, equities, indices, commodities, and even cryptocurrencies.

I vote for MT4. To my mind it's more popular. But, you have to try yourself and decide.

personally, (this is subjective) i like the mt5 design better (the UI), but somehow my old-fashioned broker runs its platform on mt4 so over time i got used to the mt4. Indicator and EA wise most of the scripts are available for both platforms. Murphy's law always applicable. haha

I prefer MT4 over MT5 because MT4 provides three trade execution modes, two market orders, four pending orders, two stop orders, and a trailing stop function.

There are also rapid trading capabilities that allow trade orders to be sent immediately from the chart with a single click.

Mainly changes MT4 programming language mql4, while for MT5 mql5. I feel good with MT4 maybe because I started with this! :)

MT5 is quicker and more efficient than MT4, but it does not replace the prior platform because it is unique and provides more than MT4.

MT5 allows you to trade more instruments in nearly all financial markets, including forex, equities, indices, commodities, and even cryptocurrencies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.