What's new

Difference between Real vs demo trading

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes
I agree with you. When I first start trade it was on demo I take it so easy. When go real I got nightmares at night thinking about what happen to my trade. Over years the fear has overcome. Time heals everything
I must tell, overcoming that anxiety is a big leap in forex trading. I need to overcome that. I am new though

The difference between demo and real trading is the experience, emotions and risks involved. Demo trading is a tool used to learn about live trading activity; there are no emotions or risks involved.

Real trading can affect your emotions based on your loss and profit. The risk involved is mostly based on the trader's skills and strategy.

The issue is also broker tick data which is not representative of the reality in the underlying market. Ticks do not relate to real volume so a lot of EAs don't work on live that do work on demo. Challenging.

Demo trading is best for strategy making and practice. Many traders have tried to be profitable by trading demo and have been successful. Demo trading is the first medium of education. Every trader needs to do demo trading. Because if you trade without demo trading, you will have a lot of trouble gaining experience. If you gain experience after doing demo trading, it is better to do real trading from there.

In my opinion, demo trading is a tool for beginners to learn about forex trading and their live markets; there is no risk or real money involved. Experienced traders use the real account, it requires trading strategy, and real capital risks are involved.

Demo trading helps in understanding how the actual trade works and about profits and loss. Whereas the real account has risks and money involved, which can affect traders emotions.

In my opinion, I find the demo account as a tool for beginners to learn, and there is no risk or real capital involved, so a trade is at free liberty to trade without any concerns.

The Real account requires trading knowledge and money management skills to avoid major losses; the risk and capital invested are real.

If you keep taking loses on a real account you are going to keep putting more money into your account, where your going to accept losing $500 or what ever amount you place into your account. In the end your going to end up losing alot of money and give up trading because your disapointed. Your best trading demo with your strategies until your making good profit for six months after this you can trade live on a real acount with your strategy. If it still doesnt work go back to your Strategies on demo and ask questions around on the forum. Hope this helped.
Did you say trade demo for 6 months? Wow. I believe there's not much difference technically but the psychology of the trader on a live account

I think we should consider demo only for practice purposes and try to make some good strategies and after when we feel that now time is good to start real trading we can start and can make a good profit.

From my experience with both demo and real trading, I find that the demo account is mostly used as a tool to learn about live trading that does not involve actual risk and money involved.

And the Real account is about trading with strategy, and the risk involved is real.

That's what it is used for, indeed. I think we would all agree it is a pretty important tool for all traders, newbies and veterans alike.

In real trading, emotion usually works, so it seems to be a bit of a problem to make a profit here. I can only make a profit when I am able to control my emotions in real trading. Demo trading can be profitable, but it does not fall under emotion. If you trade with emotions, the chances of loss are high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.