What's new

Difference between Real vs demo trading

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Edward Peterson

Psychological component is the fundamental distinction amongst demo and genuine account. It is less demanding when you are trading on the Demo account as you feel more certain and you couldn't care less in the event that you lose. Be that as it may, when you change to live, fear shows up alongside voracity and eagerness. In the event that you figure out how to control your feelings, prepare enough time on demo and make little strides while going live, I think you will be alright. The other fundamental distinction is that there is no slippage in demo so mull over this as it as a rule influences the trading comes about.

I agree with you. When I first start trade it was on demo I take it so easy. When go real I got nightmares at night thinking about what happen to my trade. Over years the fear has overcome. Time heals everything

If you keep taking loses on a real account you are going to keep putting more money into your account, where your going to accept losing $500 or what ever amount you place into your account. In the end your going to end up losing alot of money and give up trading because your disapointed. Your best trading demo with your strategies until your making good profit for six months after this you can trade live on a real acount with your strategy. If it still doesnt work go back to your Strategies on demo and ask questions around on the forum. Hope this helped.

well said.. demo and real accounts both have their edges.. however, you learn much via real account. in most cases, your initial deposit will get blown a few times but its all part of the learning process

Most traders know that beginners mostly use the demo account to learn forex and live trade is where traders can make a real profit.

Though beginners mostly use the demo account, some experienced traders use the demo account to try new strategies before using it on the real market to avoid losses.

Demo trading usually works less emotionally. It is possible to check all the information by doing demo trading. And live trading works with some emotions. If a trader can control these emotions, he will be able to gain a lot of profit from trading. Trading is very difficult but if you gain trading knowledge through proper practice then trading will become much easier for you.

A demo account is a tool used by beginners to understand live trading and live trading is when traders use real capitals to earn profits or loss.

I'm currently trading in a demo account and will be live trading soon, many traders have said that live trading is not the same as demo, would like to know the major differences between live and demo?

At the very least it helps people learn the basics. Some things do need to be learned on a live account.

Psychological component is the fundamental distinction amongst demo and genuine account. It is less demanding when you are trading on the Demo account as you feel more certain and you couldn't care less in the event that you lose. Be that as it may, when you change to live, fear shows up alongside voracity and eagerness. In the event that you figure out how to control your feelings, prepare enough time on demo and make little strides while going live, I think you will be alright. The other fundamental distinction is that there is no slippage in demo so mull over this as it as a rule influences the trading comes about.
This is very true.
Thank you!

It doesnt matter how well you do with demo account. When you are under pressure hell break loose. You have to have an edge over market and when you are wrong learn to get out. Like I said before experienced trader will be able to manage their motion better. Amount of money you deal with also has a huge part. Losing 1 dollar every pip is different from losing 1k a pip. That is another learninf curve you need to adapt to. I think demo is good if you want get feel for it after finding a strategy but I would not do demo for too long. I rather lose a many small size account rather than spending next 6 month doing demo.

Emotions don't usually work when doing demo trading. If you want to create a trading strategy, you need to do demo trading. But when you go into real trading, your emotions will double. In this case, the difference between real trading and demo trading. And with real trading, it is usually possible to learn how to control your emotions.

I agree with you. When I first start trade it was on demo I take it so easy. When go real I got nightmares at night thinking about what happen to my trade. Over years the fear has overcome. Time heals everything
love to hear this finally you overcome

Demo accounts is probably more to try out that specific platform first, familiaize with the features and options at your fingertips before going in for the real thing.

When I started trading I traded on a demo account. It worked very well, I had positive results. But when I changed to live account, I lost alot of money because I was scared of losing the money. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. I changed strategies, tried different indicators and EA's and blew another live account. I almost gave up trading.
Now I am trading again on a demo account. But this time I will wait until I am 100% sure I have a profitable strategy.

Thanks for sharing your stories. I wish you profitable results Ok hand

The difference between trading demo and real account is huge. I would not recommend lingering long on demo, only long enough to learn the platform and your strategy.

In my opinion, the Real account is where the actual trades happen where a trader can use the skills and strategy learned to earn profits.

The Demo account is basically just a tool used mostly by beginner to learn about the Real account trades, and some experienced traders use the demo to build their skills and try their new strategy.

Real account comes with certain risks the trader must take and invest to earn profits. Whereas the demo account is a tool used by beginners to learn about live forex and familiarize themselves with its platforms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.