What's new

FULL EACONOMY ROBOT traide ringer 4

3.40 star(s) 43 Votes
Did you check comments are all open trades with correct lots and counter-trend? Sometimes if the trend changes you can have both trend and countertrend trades with the same direction.

No they're all in one direction, buying EURUSD, lot sizes appear ok. BTW this is a cent account, I'm not losing that much money so far haha

Attachments

• eu.jpg
    eu.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 70
No they're all in one direction, buying EURUSD, lot sizes appear ok. BTW this is a cent account, I'm not losing that much money so far haha
u need to check the comments. From the picture, you posted I can see they are different because you have EU trades that have the same lots. You have EU with 0.1 lot than 0.13, 0.16, 0.2, 0.25 and you have a new set of trades that are in the same direction but they are counted as a new ring and they start with 0.1, 013, 016. The first set is in green and second I put a blue color.
Opera Snapshot_2020-01-27_184231_www.forexforum.co.png

Look in the comments. You set 6 in the settings, it opens 6 in one strategy and 6 in another. You will not have more than 12 orders.

Thanks everyone I didn't realise that, I thought it would be a maximum of 6 trades on a pair full stop, I didn't realise it will open more rings on the same pair, so what's stopping it opening a third ring and ending up with 18 open trades etc?

Thanks everyone I didn't realise that, I thought it would be a maximum of 6 trades on a pair full stop, I didn't realise it will open more rings on the same pair, so what's stopping it opening a third ring and ending up with 18 open trades etc?
Not sure but I think you can get only 2 rings a trend and a countertrend, the problem I see here is if trend changes and it messes up the strategy because now you are 2x risk on EU instead of being hedged.

Not sure but I think you can get only 2 rings a trend and a countertrend, the problem I see here is if trend changes and it messes up the strategy because now you are 2x risk on EU instead of being hedged.

Thanks, well thankfully I'm running very conservative, 0.01 per 2k, so hopefully that will keep almost as safe as is possible.

I turned on ignore open trades, but I left show only pair news to off, because not sure how it works. Does it show only EUR and USD news? What about JPY? I trade EU,EJ,UJ.

Correct, "show only pair news" must be off, my mistake. I think yes only for EUR and USD it shows news. For JPY you may use JPYUSD pair and attach the indicator. Although i did not added JPY news yet on my EA so not really sure

Interesting didn't knew about the 2 rings.
As for the problem you see, i think it is safer to keep moving in the same direction as a retracement needs to be made sooner or later. Markets need to breath therefore if you withstand 500 pips per ring for 2 rings for example, then a 200 pips move will only get you 20% draw down. Risky but powerful if you know that the market is like a wave.

As for the problem you see, i think it is safer to keep moving in the same direction as a retracement needs to be made sooner or later. Markets need to breath therefore if you withstand 500 pips per ring for 2 rings for example, then a 200 pips move will only get you 20% draw down. Risky but powerful if you know that the market is like a wave.
If you want to force one ring in one direction per pair, use weekly or monthly timeframe. I’ve been running with weekly and rarely see both trend and counter trend on the same pair.

If you want to force one ring in one direction per pair, use weekly or monthly timeframe. I’ve been running with weekly and rarely see both trend and counter trend on the same pair.

Isn't a counter trend just buying in the opposite direction? Like I'm in EURUSD buys at the moment, the price is falling and it keeps buying. Counter trend buying would be be placing sell orders as the price falls?

Isn't a counter trend just buying in the opposite direction? Like I'm in EURUSD buys at the moment, the price is falling and it keeps buying. Counter trend buying would be be placing sell orders as the price falls?

Yes, I think that is what TR is trying to do like hedging but quite often I see screenshots of other people using TR and I see trends and counter trends orders to be both in the buy side, or sell side. Anyone have any manual explaining how the algo works would be gold. Anyone have something to share?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.