What's new

Tutorial HOW TO SET UP VPS ON GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes
I have registered and used VPS of google.
to be honest, it was too bad, and often restarted.
When it restarts, the EA that runs on it will be affected. This is not good for traders.
You should be careful when choosing.
When it restarts, the EA that runs on it will be affected. This is not good for traders.

I'm testing it right now. Let's see in a week time.

I
FIGURING THIS OUT THE FIRST TIME WAS NO FUN...HOPE THIS HELPS

Once your GCP is active and verified Log into your account
1. in the upper left right after the words Google Cloud Platform youll see 'select project' click that
2. in the popup youll see under recent 'no resources to display' in the upper roght click 'new project' click that ... you can leave the default or choose a name. Give it some time to complete the cycle and provision the project
3. with your new project showing in the project box click on 'create instance'
4. Give your instance a meaningful name so you know what it is... DO NOT PRESS ENTER
5. At this point you'll have $300 in credits so under machine type you can choose as many vCPU's as you like. Ive run the browser up to 16 core and gotten up to 8000 H/s you could try higher if you want. The more H/s The more you earn
6. under boot disk click the change button
7. In the 'Operating System' dropdown choose WINDOWS SERVER
8. In Version dropdown Choose whichever you like I use 'Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter' just cuz Im an Old Fart going on 22
9. At the bottom left is the Select button...click it Leave the rest of the settings the way they are if you dont know what they mean
10. click create
11. you'll see the instance propogate with a green check mark on the left of the row and RDP on the right
12. click the dropdown arrow to the right of RDP select 'set windows password' in the popup click 'SET'
13. In the 'New Windows Password' highlight the Password and copy it. IMPORTANT paste it into a text file before closing the window
14. Click the RDP Arrow again and Select 'Download the RDP File' and save the file
15. Open the RDP File from your downloads folder
16. when the RDP popup opens, in the bottom left youll see a checkbox saying 'dont ask me again for connections to this computer' check it and click connect
17. when the password box opens copy and paste the password you put in the text file and check the 'Remember Me' box so you dont have to put the password in ever again and click the OK button
18. when the next popup occurs check the box that says 'Dont ask me again for connections to this computer' and click 'YES'

YOUR ALL SET...YOUR RDP WILL OPEN YOUR VPS FROM THERE

19. on your Server Manager click the top link that says local server and in the right column youll see 'IE Enhanced Security Configuration' with a blue colored 'on' click that and change your settings to off
Did this and I've been running my vps months now.

I also had some problems with it.

now, i am using VPS in www.vultr.com
it about 75$/month. It is very stable.

If you use a UNIX server, the price will be cheaper , about 35-45$, I use a Windows server so 75$.
with you use install VPS by file IOS, it about 25 - 30$/month, but RAM will 1 to 2G

1. in the upper left right after the words Google Cloud Platform youll see 'select project' click that
2. in the popup youll see under recent 'no resources to display' in the upper roght click 'new project' click that ... you can leave the default or choose a name. Give it some time to complete the cycle and provision the project
4. Give your instance a meaningful name so you know what it is... DO NOT PRESS ENTER
5. At this point you'll have $300 in credits so under machine type you can choose as many vCPU's as you like. Ive run the browser up to 16 core and gotten up to 8000 H/s you could try higher if you want. The more H/s The more you earn
8. In Version dropdown Choose whichever you like I use 'Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter' just cuz Im an Old Fart going on 22
9. At the bottom left is the Select button...click it Leave the rest of the settings the way they are if you dont know what they mean
10. click create
11. you'll see the instance propogate with a green check mark on the left of the row and RDP on the right
12. click the dropdown arrow to the right of RDP select 'set windows password' in the popup click 'SET'
13. In the 'New Windows Password' highlight the Password and copy it. IMPORTANT paste it into a text file before closing the window
14. Click the RDP Arrow again and Select 'Download the RDP File' and save the file
16. when the RDP popup opens, in the bottom left youll see a checkbox saying 'dont ask me again for connections to this computer' check it and click connect
17. when the password box opens copy and paste the password you put in the text file and check the 'Remember Me' box so you dont have to put the password in ever again and click the OK button
18. when the next popup occurs check the box that says 'Dont ask me again for connections to this computer' and click 'YES'

19. on your Server Manager click the top link that says local server and in the right column youll see 'IE Enhanced Security Configuration' with a blue colored 'on' click that and change your settings to off
thanks for guide

like whats restarted?? maybe your connection

10. click create

good sharing, i will trying setting in my GCP

10. click create

Thank you for this tutorial will try it out. Will confirm it works later.

10. click create

hey pal appreciate the nice detail tutorial...i'm now about to give it a try...much thanks and god bless(y)

10. click create

Wah... Thank you very much for the tutorial Ok handOk handOk hand

10. click create

This looks very promising, I need to check it out.
Earned you a follow so long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.