What's new

Manual vs EA trading

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
I like manual trading especially when I do have a very low balance. Automated trading is good but I should have a bigger balance.

How much do I need for ea balance? How much is too low?
I think it depends on the EA, Lot size and type of strategy being used. Just like others above said, manual is best for small balances. However, If you'd like I can recommend two EAs that can produce some profits with small accounts, but keep in mind, the smaller the balance the bigger the risk. For example, there's the 2% rule which works well with accounts that have $100 and above. Basically that means you can place at least 50 trades that have a Stop loss of $2 or 20pips(per 0.01 lot). So, if we were to use the same logic on a smaller balance, example $10. With the 10 dollars, instead of the 2% rule, it becomes the 20% rule meaning, we can do 5 trades with a stop loss of 20pips(per 0.01 lot) or 10pips(per 0.01 lot). All this means that, if you have a strategy that is around 60%, with the 50 trades you have a higher probability of successful trades where as in the case of 5 trades, the chances of having consecutive wins is much lower.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to trade manually, but after the first good results, it's a little bad now. So I'm feeling a few eas, because I think that despite my insights, they block my emotions. let's hope well

How much do I need for ea balance? How much is too low?
It depends on the EA trading strategy, try this, go to trading view, put in the same indicators as the EA, after that use the measure tool to measure the Draw down when a trade is entered under the combined signal of the Indicators. From there you can determine your risk tolerance in terms of lot sizes and general Stop loss. Hope that helps.

Automated. If you have a winning strategy why not convert it to a ea so you can do other things and still make money. Also note that a ea can trade 24/7 while a human cant so this could mean more profits.

I prefer manual trading than automated because I usually have a very low balance, and to use an automated trading one should have a more significant proportion.

I'm a new trader and I've been trading for some time now, somewhat successfully, I wanted to ask the community. Who has had more success with either EA trading or manual trading.

Wonder if we can use AWS servers to host a mt4 account to run 24/5, not so expensive with 1 cent an hour

nothing. Whatever is needed I will use that regardless of manual trade or EA robot. but often something is bought back ineffective

I prefer using Manual trading because I currently maintain a low balance, and for Automated trading, you should have a more significant balance to trade in it.

Every kind of trade has its own benefit like you can say when running EA then you also have to have VPS because sometime you need to be out and your EA needs to be running to manage your open trades.

The best is manual trading because you can even trade it with lower balance whereas in EA trading it requires a higher balance to trade.

I prefer trading manual because I do not have to worry about low balance and most traders prefer trading Manual than EA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.