What's new

I quitted learning manual trading and I am learning automated trading

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
My humble advice would be to give yourself more time and learn manual trading first. It surely is quite challenging and stressful at times but that is the only way to develop your skills in a way that can benefit you in the long run. Automated trading can be profitable but the success is not guaranteed.

So you opted to do something you have even less control over? Also trading takes time because it is so multi-facetted. Once you learn theory you then have to work out a strategy that works for you and be able to execute it. THEN you have to deal with your inner demons that stop you trading logically. There are no shortcuts and EAs won't shorten the process.
Well i think the best way to learn forex is to undergo manual trading first, and there after develop your own bot that will trade according to your own style. In that case you are still in control of your trading.

It is necessary to learn manual trading. it is good you have started learning automated trading. but how will you use an automated trading system effectively without having proper knowledge of manual trading? Think about it.

Good luck with that! I know it can be frustrating to learn everything from scratch. But you have to be patient and take your time to learn anything. I hope you can find success this time.

I never relied on manual trading completely. Though it is helpful in performing complex things and eliminating emotions, it doesn’t guarantee 100% results. So, if you use them, monitor your trades from time-to-time.

manual trading takes time and it is frustrating, It once gave me a mental break down and I won't return to it , so I have chose to study algo trading! hope it will help.
I also want 2 lean automatically trading if u can plz connect

It is a good thing to try something. May you learn something new and exciting that will help you in your trades. Happy learning.

Manual trading is tough, but once you practise it consistently with the same strategy for at least 2-3 years, you become profitable. But automated trading is mostly not profitable at all. It is important to get over losses and develop your trading psychology, or else you will always face a mental breakdown in forex. Forex is like a business, it's tough but it's worth it.

Manual trading might take time to learn but it is definitely more promising and rewarding than automated trading. Automated bots and EAs might not work with your strategy and certain market conditions. This will result in unregulated loss, putting your account at the risk of blowing up. It is much better to trade manually, as you can control how much loss you are going to withstand by calculating your risk management and placing trades as per the right market timing.

Automated trading systems can only function with manual supervision. You need a technical understanding, together with knowledge of why the market is heading in a particular manner. The path to effective trading is not a short one. If you want to achieve, you must work hard, adopt a disciplined mindset, and establish clear guidelines. If you work hard and are passionate about what you do, you will eventually succeed and establish your financial independence.

Manual trading is required to comprehend the market and trading process. You can't just ignore it. Even if you are not familiar with manual trading, you will be unable to use your automated trading system.

I advise you to not completely leave manual trading but practice. It will be great for you, but I am not into automated trading. I admire the traditional manual trading method because I can feel my trades more.

manual trading takes time and it is frustrating, It once gave me a mental break down and I won't return to it , so I have chose to study algo trading! hope it will help.
In my opinion, manual trading is the best. You must learn how to deal with you emotions and apply proper risk management. Remember forex is not a get rich quick scheme.

Both types of trading are best on their own terms, but if a trader is not ready to utilise the knowledge, risk management, and trading psychology, even the best type of trading will fail to give them the results they seek.

Unless and until you know how to manually trade and make a profit, you won’t be able to trade automatically and make a profit as well. Automated trading necessitates that traders possess technical expertise in software development, coding, and management. Due to the complexity of building automated systems, trading with inefficient systems can result in significant losses for traders. Even though the execution is automatic, some level of supervision is still necessary. This is due to the fact that a variety of technical issues, such as system failure, connectivity loss, power outages, etc., might affect the system. Traders must keep an eye on the execution because these circumstances can lead to orders that are erroneous, missing, or incomplete.

Both are beneficial, and you should consider what works best for you. Giving up manual trading without trying enough is a bad idea, though. Backtest for some time, I’m sure you will find something that works for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.