What's new

I quitted learning manual trading and I am learning automated trading

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
It is great that you are learning about the advanced tools available for trading. However, you should not quit learning manual trading. It must be considered that automated trading has limitations and doesn’t guarantee 100% success. It is always good to learn manual trading to achieve the long term success as a forex trader.

I did algo trading for awhile too and there is definitely a learning curve. From choosing parameters to strategy creation to backtesting to optimization to the walk forward matrix, there's a lot to learn.

After a while of algo trading I realized that the only reason I tried it was because I didn't believe I could become successful at manual trading.
So I started questioning my demons that were coming out when I traded manually and sure enough little by little, they screamed less and less at me, now to the point where I don't hear them and they don't interfere with my trading.

If you want to go this route then go for it but make sure it's because you WANT to learn about algo trading, not that you're running from manual trading.

Whatever works for you is very subjective. But you have just started to trade using an automated system, so it is better to test it out, first several times and then start trading. But you should never forget the importance of trading manually, too, because automated trading is prone to errors (due to coding or technical glitches).

manual trading takes time and it is frustrating, It once gave me a mental break down and I won't return to it , so I have chose to study algo trading! hope it will help.
You should stay out of trading then. Using an algo wont reduce your stress levels

Do not hurry to do something that you will have to pay for in the future.
Understand that you have to test things first before you start doing something completely different. Of course, automated trading will make you learn so many new things, but you cannot depend on that until it works for you most of the time. Be careful not to make a hurry and carefully observe your decision again.

EA defininently isnt an easy thing hours of backtesting and forward testing and tweaking to see good results

Automated trading can be a good point for your career , different to manual . Anyway you need to backtest many EA before choose the right one to use !

If you want to make a living in the foreign exchange market, you should familiarise yourself with manual trading. Because you can't automate your trading if you don't know anything about manual trading. You can only use an automated trading system if you have some experience with manual trading first.

If you want to make a living in the foreign exchange market, you should familiarise yourself with manual trading. Because you can't automate your trading if you don't know anything about manual trading. You can only use an automated trading system if you have some experience with manual trading first.
I agree. You will have significant edge if you know what is trading, and you can hardly set up something wrong.

that's totally fine. i myself has no success yet with EAs. but the delight with manual trade is what i like about it. it's like cooking your own food vs heating a ready to eat in a microwave.

This is not a good strategy. Because you will be unable to use automated trading effectively if you lack knowledge of manual trading. To reap the full benefits, you must first understand what manual trading is.

Exactly! Even if you do 2 -3 trades per day with an indicator and SNR levels you can earn better. But Automatic trading can blow your account any time if the market is choppy.
Marco, if i may ask. In your own opinion does manual trading have better benefits then automated trading and how does one learn automated trading?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.