What's new

UK’s FCA blacklisted major crypto exchange Kraken

mlawson71

Kraken may be one of the largest exchanges in the cryptocurrency industry, but that did not stop the British regulator Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to blacklist it in the UK for providing financial services in the country without its authorization.

The FCA issued a fairly standard warning that lists the domain of the offending party, some email addresses and phone numbers that allegedly belong to Kraken. The domain was correct, but Kraken claims that those emails and phone numbers are not theirs, which is a strange detail to get wrong – and also a strange detail to deny in case it is not actually wrong.

Kraken also clarified that its futures trading platform called CryptoFacilities is already registered in the UK.
Source

It will be interesting to see how this kerfuffle will end.

Kraken may be one of the largest exchanges in the cryptocurrency industry, but that did not stop the British regulator Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to blacklist it in the UK for providing financial services in the country without its authorization.

The FCA issued a fairly standard warning that lists the domain of the offending party, some email addresses and phone numbers that allegedly belong to Kraken. The domain was correct, but Kraken claims that those emails and phone numbers are not theirs, which is a strange detail to get wrong – and also a strange detail to deny in case it is not actually wrong.

Kraken also clarified that its futures trading platform called CryptoFacilities is already registered in the UK.
Source

It will be interesting to see how this kerfuffle will end.

The UK govt hates the fact they can't tax and control cryptos. That's what's going on here. They're feverishly looking into ways of doin' both, using all the powers of the State they can throw at the problem. :LOL:

I saw. Everything seems to be falling like a rock, it's terrifying.

Fear of coronavirus is suddenly everywhere. My concern is if the powers that be are starting to show they are worried about the situation enough to affect the markets the way it has, then the reality is likely MUCH worse than they are letting on.

Sars and bird flu passed me and mine by barely noticed. But my sister went to the largest Asda in the borough today to find the shelves stripped bare of all bog roll and hand sanitizer. Ireland is closing all kiddie nurseries, northern Italy is under quarantine, cruise lines cancelling all bookings, and the only time I can remember US airspace closed to EU traffic was after 9/11.

As you say, mlawson71, things are not good.

Here they are enacting pretty severe quarantine measures too. The truth is, I'm scared. I'm scared for my family and for the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.