What's new

What's the best online broker in Europe?

talhayousuf

First of all it really depends on a variation of factors. The first question that comes to mind is which markets are you looking to invest in. But let me try and give you some factors to consider before you choose.

The first thing I would say is, DO NOT pick your broker based on bonus offers they provide you with. Choosing a broker as a trader is a very important part of your overall profitability plan.

Consider which markets and instruments you would like to trade:

CFD’s
Forex
Stocks
Depending on which markets you trade, different brokers would be preferable. Personally I use 3–4 different brokers, because they offer low fees on different markets.

When you search for brokerage firms be sure to look for brokers who are REGULATED by a big agency with some key metrics the brokerage firm has to follow.

Some regulators could be:

FCA
FSA
SEC
CFTC
FINRA
Next you have to decide which markets you want to trade, and what kind of instruments you trade. Do you want to trade both european markets and US markets?

And then you have to look at deposit guarantee, support opportunities and some other things to make sure you choose a broker, who you are actually able to contact when you need it.

Factors you need to consider:

Low Brokerage fees
Inactivity fees and other fees that are not measured when you trade
Support
Security
Charting software (if you need it)
Regulations
Years in business and stability of the broker
All these criteria will give you different brokers for your choice.

If you want to, you can use our comparison tool at Browkers.com where you can compare some of the biggest brokerage firms in Europe and some from USA as well, and see which fits your wishes the best.

A few examples of great stock brokers in Europe could be:

Saxo Bank
Degiro
TradeStation
Interactive Brokers (US but available for many europeans)
CFD and Forex brokers could be:

Saxo Bank
Core Spreads
London Capital Group
FxPro
I hope this helped you!

First of all it really depends on a variation of factors. The first question that comes to mind is which markets are you looking to invest in. But let me try and give you some factors to consider before you choose.

The first thing I would say is, DO NOT pick your broker based on bonus offers they provide you with. Choosing a broker as a trader is a very important part of your overall profitability plan.

Consider which markets and instruments you would like to trade:

CFD’s
Forex
Stocks
Depending on which markets you trade, different brokers would be preferable. Personally I use 3–4 different brokers, because they offer low fees on different markets.

When you search for brokerage firms be sure to look for brokers who are REGULATED by a big agency with some key metrics the brokerage firm has to follow.

Some regulators could be:

FCA
FSA
SEC
CFTC
FINRA
Next you have to decide which markets you want to trade, and what kind of instruments you trade. Do you want to trade both european markets and US markets?

And then you have to look at deposit guarantee, support opportunities and some other things to make sure you choose a broker, who you are actually able to contact when you need it.

Factors you need to consider:

Low Brokerage fees
Inactivity fees and other fees that are not measured when you trade
Support
Security
Charting software (if you need it)
Regulations
Years in business and stability of the broker
All these criteria will give you different brokers for your choice.

If you want to, you can use our comparison tool at Browkers.com where you can compare some of the biggest brokerage firms in Europe and some from USA as well, and see which fits your wishes the best.

A few examples of great stock brokers in Europe could be:

Saxo Bank
Degiro
TradeStation
Interactive Brokers (US but available for many europeans)
CFD and Forex brokers could be:

Saxo Bank
Core Spreads
London Capital Group
FxPro
I hope this helped you!
I see you did not mention tight spread. Should that not be a key consideration?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.