What's new

5 Best Success Mantras Of Forex Traders

I believe that having good money management while trading in forex is one of the best mantras for being successful in trading. It helps me to use the funds in a sustainable manner and prevents me from overtrading.

Your trading journey becomes easier when you can identify where you lack. So another trading mantra is keeping a trading journal. It will help you compare your traders and see which areas need improvement.

In forex trading, a large number of small gains add up to make a huge profit in comparison to a single big gain. That’s probably because the market shows small price movements rather than bigger ones. It’s best to focus on small gains so that your risks are also manageable.

Agreed. However, in addition to this, it is extremely important to familiarise yourself with money and risk management techniques and learn how to control emotions for minimising losses.

As a trader myself, I have seen that we believe that simple trading rules are for the naives. And if we wish to become professional traders, we should set difficult rules. But that’s not true. Our only focus should be making our system work because we will make profits only if our system works.

5 best success mantra for a successful trading career is a wholesome combination of Trading Skills, Knowledge, Consistency, Discipline, and a lot of Patience.

There is a fine line between being curious and being impatient. A curious trader would want to know how to make profits and what must be done to make gains. On the other hand, an impatient trader will try all that he can to make profits and may not even try to find out what has been going wrong with the trades. You better decide which type of trader you want to become.

The only mantra I have followed my entire trading career is not to follow another trader blindly. I have always been self-motivated and this has somehow worked a lot for me in my trading career. This is what I would like to recommend to new traders also. Stick to your plan and believe in yourself if you wish to get long-lasting results.

Don’t keep trading. Normalise taking a break and relaxing for some time. If you give all your time to forex trading, you will lag behind in life and make it stressful.

It’s good to see how others have been doing in their forex careers. But it would be best if you set your own limits and find your own mantras. The forex market doesn’t easily let you win over it. It takes time to make money through it.

I believe in the mantra of keeping the trades simple. I do not complicate my trading strategy or technical analysis. Many traders believe that complicated trades will yield them better results but it only creates confusion and makes trading hard.

Keep your head cool. The worst enemy of a trader is their own mind.

Create a plan, stick with it, and don't let your mind get in the way.

If there were any mantras in reality, every trader would have become profitable. But as it requires a trader’s own hard work and analysis, there can’t be a single mantra that will work for everyone.

Whatever you have written in this post is perfect. But I would like to add risk management, introspection (especially related to trading), and a trade journal. These will help a trader become successful in the long run.

I believe in the mantra of keeping the trades simple. I do not complicate my trading strategy or technical analysis. Many traders believe that complicated trades will yield them better results but it only creates confusion and makes trading hard.
Totally agree! Been there, done that, learn from mistakes

Thank you for the insightful post. I would say my success mantras are lifelong learning, discipline, consistency, patience and perseverance. We need to keep on trading despite the challenges in order to become profitable in the long run. You will become better at trading as you gain experience in the forex market.

The best mantra is no mantra. You don’t have to stick to something because anything can turn the tables for you. You have to keep adapting to the changing market and change your strategies and plans whenever required.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.