What's new

best pairs to trade?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
AUDUSD works great for me. You can also pick any pair out of the majors to start with, as they can be easily analysed.

Forex trading pairs are categorised into three types-

Major- these pairs are heavily traded because of high liquidity. Their price movements are not abrupt, which makes them more easy and profitable to trade

Minor- except the US currency, these pairs contain all other widely used currencies like GBP and JPY. They are less liquid than major pairs.

Exotic- such pairs involve currencies of developed nations like USD paired with the currencies of developing nations like Brazil or Turkey. These pairs are extremely volatile and have wider spreads.

Traders choose pairs with high liquidity and low or medium volatility. Major pairs make the best tradable pairs although traders can trade with minor/exotic pairs, but the trading risk is higher.

It is always wise to choose liquid currency pairs while trading as they are predictable to a certain extent and offer stability, lower spreads and more opportunities over the illiquid pairs. Some of the heavily traded pairs are: USD/EUR, USD/GBP, USD/JPY etc.

Currency pairs are categorized into three categories: major, minor, and exotic. And there are more than 70 currency pairs, but not all of them are tradeable. A good pair has high liquidity and medium to low volatility. Out of the three categories, major pairs make the best pairs. For starters, EUR/USD is the best pair to trade since it is easier to perform analysis.

been trading EURUSD for quite a while. any other pairs that are more profitable than EURUSD?
All are profitable and have their edges. Focus on one or a couple of pairs make extensive research to understand where you can be faster or smarter than market. Spreading your attention isn't recommended.

but gold is too volatile to handle.

Volatility is perfect. Allign the monthly and weekly higher time frames into the 15 minutes and you've put probability on your side in a major way. If there's a run up of 3 months of continuous uptrend on the monthly candles then you're perfectly safe trading that volatility on the lower time frame so long as you're committing to only buying or selling in line with the higher trend.

Major pairs are generally preferred because of high liquidity and low spreads. EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CAD are some of the top pairs that you can trade with. If you are new, EUR/USD is perfect to get started.

Best pairs are those which offer high liquidity and low spreads.

Some of the examples of such pairs-

1)EUR/USD
2) USD/JPY
3) GBP/USD
4) USD/CHF

If you are a new trader and confused about which pair to trade, I recommend you to start with EUR/USD since it is easy to trade and is the most preferred trading pair among new traders.

EUR/USD. Why? It is easy to trade and stable. Moreover, it has low spreads, which makes it less expensive to trade.

I trade GBP/JPY. It is a minor pair but the Pound being a high yielding currency and the Japanese Yen being a low yielding currency, offers good profits.
I’d suggest beginners to start slow and prefer trading major currency pairs first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.