What's new

Suggestion Define your Goal before trading

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

badajet1

It is always to set your goals before you start trading. Be realistic, stick to your plan and give yourself time to meet your objectives

I would go further than that - define your entire trading plan. Your goal, your strategy, your risk, you account, your stop loss, you trading hours, etc. Define them before you invest.

The goal alone does not make the profits though. If you don't know how to reach them no amount of goals lead to profit.

It is very important to set goals in trading. Success is never achieved without a goal set. Because if you don't know how far you want to go by trading, then how do you meet that goal. Proper money management and risk rewards must be followed to move towards the target.

I find it hard to set goals because of my inconsistency on a day by day basis. It no good for me to say I am going to earn 2% today as one day I am up and the next I am down. I think goals need to be set for longer-term like monthly or quarterly..

Personally, I think it is a better idea to set weekly or even monthly goals. Daily goals are just not sustainable every single day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.