What's new

Demo vs Live account trading

Zach 254

I'm I the only one who experiences different results in the both accounts, what I mean is, I am profitable on my demo account but get huge losses on my Live account, and can I switch that? To be profitable on live account and get massive losses on the demo :confused:

Emotions are the key. I also noticed that my demo accounts always prosper, but the live account blows. I realized the BIGGEST difference was in my behavior. When I had a trade in the demo, I would leave it to either hit stop loss or take profit. But on the live, if i hit stop loss on one trade, I start panicking, and the minute I get a little positive on another trade, I immediately close it. So i would have a lot of trades in profit, a few pips each, but one loss would wipe out all my profits.

I have since learnt to trust my analyses and let it ride, using proper risk management. And also I found a way to reduce the balance in my demo account to a value that I am likely to fund my live account with, something like USD50 or 100, and not the crazy USD10000, that is found in many demo account, it is unrealistic.

I'm happy to share it with you if you want. It only works on demo account and so you don't run the risk of running it on a live account.

I'm I the only one who experiences different results in the both accounts, what I mean is, I am profitable on my demo account but get huge losses on my Live account, and can I switch that? To be profitable on live account and get massive losses on the demo :confused:
Psychology comes to play here

I think the big problem are the emotins while your trading. I know it by myself that i often over leverage and get too fast in a trade, because i don't want to miss out the trade (FOMO). That's the reason why you need a trading plan with rules that you have to follow to become succesful

Trading the demo account like a real account never works out. there a lot of people who say that they can trade the demo account the same way that they trade the real account, but for me, that is one thing hard to understand.
there will always be a difference in both accounts.

The demo account is a tool used by beginners to practice trading.

It also helps in building new strategies and sharpening trading skills.

The live trading account will differ a lot compared to the demo, and both do not provide the same results, so be aware while trading live.

its the nerves bro ..and demo accounts come with little to no spread so they reach profit faster ..its in the experince and as som1 said make demo account as close to ur real one as possible budget wise so u hae realistic expectations

Pick a strategy, try it in demo. If profitable then go to live.

The strategy must have confirmation entry points, stop loss points and T/P's. If you then stick to your strategy, you can't go wrong.

I have the same experience. in demo it hit the take profit but not in live. i think we have to careful when choosing the broker

I’ve traded on a demo account on icmarkets for a month, and i was profitable on the 1minute timeframe. As soon as i hit the live market, my emotions took over and i couldn’t be profitable for the next 3 months! :cautious::LOL:

I use the demo account to try multiple strategies, and after finding the best suitable strategy, I use it the real account to earn profit from it.

I have experienced the exact thing, while in demo most of my trades have been profitable, but when I entered the live trading, it was a lot more complicated than demo.

The experience in live trading is required more than trading in demo is what I have learned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.