What's new

Demo vs Live account trading

I'm I the only one who experiences different results in the both accounts, what I mean is, I am profitable on my demo account but get huge losses on my Live account, and can I switch that? To be profitable on live account and get massive losses on the demo :confused:
I also experience the same results. I get massive losses in live account

if you got low in your emotions dont trade..or make 2 account 1 for use the trading strategy 1 for try account

I'm I the only one who experiences different results in the both accounts, what I mean is, I am profitable on my demo account but get huge losses on my Live account, and can I switch that? To be profitable on live account and get massive losses on the demo :confused:
Its very easy to trade in demo because you have nothing to lose.

The reason is slippage. There are no slippage on Demo accounts.. However, my experience is this. Demo may not tell you if the EA is good. But it will screen out the bad ones.
That is actually an excellent way of putting it. A bad EA would show even on Demo.

Demo accounts are not the same as live ones as the Broker can widen spreads and adjust the speed of the feed -plus increase the impact of news trades - so don`t expect the same results.

They should be the same. If a broker is not doing that, then it's time to change the broker, to be frank.

You can use the demo account to build strategies and practice your skills, but you cannot trade in live account the same way you trade in demo because, in live the risk is real and the demo account is to get familiarized with the trading platforms.

True, but a good demo account approximates the live one very closely. I think a newbie, especially, really needs to use such an account to learn.

it all about controlling your emotion. demo and real accoutn are the same just that we freak out when we are in red and close with small profit Ok hand

Trading with demo money actually removes the psychological element from trading. Therefore trading a demo account vs a live account often differ considerably in results.

Demo is must and major reason for how we will be able to do trade better and that through proper a good strategy as well. Its also vital to find the right broker.

Definitely human emotions!

A demo is good for developing skills and using it to try new strategies, but the live account is where the actual market trades take place to earn profit.

The demo account is actually a handy tool because when I wanted to check my broker FP Markets trading conditions, the demo account gave me an insight of its spreads and execution speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.