What's new

Demo vs Live account trading

Emotions don't usually work when trading on a demo account. Emotional trading causes a lot of losses. If a trader trades emotionally, he will never be able to gain profit by trading. And if a trader trades live, his emotions work properly, so if you can do well here, it is possible to get a good reward by trading.

Demo and Live are two different trading formulas. A trader can only make a profit if he can maintain proper money management and risk management. If you apply this formula in real trading by practicing in demo trading, the percentage of loss will be greatly reduced.

Both are important because the demo account is the first tool for beginners to gain experience on how the live market works and get used to trading platforms and their software features.

And live trading is the actual trading where the traders can invest and earn profit by using their trading knowledge and developed skills from demo trading.

Traders need to spend more time in a demo account to make sure they have fully mastered the trading technique. Then traders need to start trading in real accounts with small capital to learn about trading psychology. I started real trading with only $50 in Eurotrader. I need to control my emotion first. So, I master it in that way.

The demo account is used to obtain the live trading experience without involving any real capital or risks. The Live account is all about taking risks and trying to double the invested capital.

There is a difference between demo and live trading. The emotions of those who do demo trading usually work less. Demo trading is not serious. Therefore, if you have to trade, it is better to do real trading. That's why emotions usually work much better when doing real trading.

Demo on a live account. They are not the same from experience and you get to work on your emotional state as well using a live account.

I'm I the only one who experiences different results in the both accounts, what I mean is, I am profitable on my demo account but get huge losses on my Live account, and can I switch that? To be profitable on live account and get massive losses on the demo :confused:
if you are running robots ;yes price feed is different.stick to major pairs so trades go though faster,change brokers to test

Trading on a demo account doesn't make much sense about profit. But if I do it in real trading, I will be very happy with the profit. Usually, the chances of loss are higher by emotional trading. Therefore, if you want to make emotions strong, you should do live trading.

Demo is the best for newbie. It's best for practice. When you able to invest with proper knowledge in forex trading, then you can start with real trading account.

I agree with the replies, in demo trading you don't experience the emotional side of trading. But if you are profitable in demo, that's good news, it means you have got the technical side of trading down - on a real account, you will have to learn to not let your emotions derail you from sticking to your trading plan.
What I don't see mentioned in this thread is that there are also cent accounts which allow you to trade with very small capital. That is a good transitioning step between demo and real trading as it will give you a chance to experience trading psychology, but you won't be risking too much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.