What's new

Forex vs Crypto vs Equities

ronstermonster

Hi all,

I hope this post finds you well. I primarily trader gold against $US, in M1 volatility strategies, but what I wanted to share is a simple comparison of my experiences in Forex (EA's in precious metals actually) versus crypto volatility bot trading (on CryptoHopper) and Equity Trading using TC2000 and bots on that.

Costs comparison:

Forex- I use LMFX brokerage on their MT4, so commissions are $0, they make their $ on part of the spread, which in gold is typically 25-35. My VPS is about US$10/month, and it is quite a powerful box, located in Russia, with excellent support. So, total overhead in my Forex (PM) is roughly US$10/month.Unlimited real and demo accounts, and the VPS LMFX offers for free with any account over US$5k in balance. I am leveraged 1000:1, and about 20 trades per day, sometimes 30.

Crypto- I use Binance, and everything you do there has an incremental fee. Most are negligible, in terms of Binance, transferring between wallets, fiat processing, etc., the real cost is in using CrpytoHopper, which costs me about $50/month per hopper (account). I run 3 accounts, so $150 in overhead, and rarely can I deploy funds fully. No margin leverage.

Equity - well, I am an AMC Ape :) That is, holding AMC until I either die, or it becomes the touted MOASS, lol. I have about US$15k in there, so no biggie, but it just sits. TC2000 with data costs about US$60/month, and not as versatile as MT4 IMHO. Still need VPS for TC2000, so add another $10/month.

So, in Forex, ALL of my account is at work. For every US$650 in the account, my EA trades another 0.01 lot. All of the $ is working many times each day trading gold up/down.

In crypto, the volatility only works long. Shorting is a challenge, so money working 1/2 the time at a much higher cost and overhead, with far less predictability.

In Equities, well, even higher overhead for data access costs, still need VPS, and honestly, liquidity can be an issue. My son and I trading have moved prices more than once. I don't want to ever be the whale. Whales get hunted, lol. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered ;)

So, it's Forex/precious metals for me. I actually really prefer gold against $US because of predictability in the volatility, and feel much safer in gold at 1000:1 than in currency exchange.

Love to hear your own thoughts, experiences in comments below, PM if you'd like to connect. We are all in this together!

Cheers,

Ron

they are different markets with different volatilities and you must understand each one of them separately; I prefer crypto, then forex then equities

Does the traditional analysis of stocks (resistance lines, etc) apply pretty much the same to crypto?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.