What's new

General Is it okay to lose money?

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Losing money is just a normal part of trading. It is a problem, however, when one loses more than they profit.

losing money in trading is normal however a strategic trader knows to follow a plan and your losses should never be more than your wins for you to call yourself a trader, otherwise you would be gambling

Every trader loses money, that is inevitable. What all traders strive for, however, is to minimize losses and profiting more than they lose.

Never feel bad to close a transaction even if you’re losing money
It's the winners mind to be able to take the loss. If you avoid it. You risk massive draw down. And the worst part is that even if you recover from it.. the shock will be too great they you'll just take a small break even as soon at it's handed to you..

Ultimately.. you'll have your losers being greater than your winners . That math is just wrong

What is right is keeping your losers short and letting your winners run. That is a. Combination that will lead to wealth.

Just imaging having a standard lot of 1 on an EURUSD trade from the first day of April last year..

We might having the EURUSD rise until the Fed say they are Done increasing rates.. that's 5-8 years from now... That's a lot of money

Anyway.. hopefully that was helpful.. :giggle:

The psychology of loss is greatly damaged. From which anxiety is created. This can cause loss a lot of the time. That's why you should trade with the plan. It will be much easier to make a profit if you have a plan and discipline. If a trader trades with emotions, he will never be able to make a profit in trading.

It is fine to lose money. Remember trading is a long term process so look at the bigger picture. I wouldn't mind losing 20 bucks if I'm making 100 bucks in return :)

It's okay to lose a certain amount of money that is not too high and which can be earned back in few trades.

every lost is not a lost if you learn from it. this is my philosophy to move forward. i learn to be patient. Greed is the main killer.

If I work with the right mindset, I will get a lot of financial support from trading. That's why I have to create a mindset first to trade. If it is not done properly, the profit will be very difficult.

Losing money is normal for trading, but that doesn't mean we should not strive to mitigate the losses as much as possible.

It hurts, and the "have to spend money to make money"-line is a cliche, but everyone loses sometimes. Being consistent is more important.

If we don't know how to trade, we can lose money. Among all the reasons, this is the most obvious. You shouldn't get into this business if you don't know what you are doing because even professional traders lose money. The difference between an amateur and a professional trader is the number of their losses. While an amateur may lose every penny he has in his trading account, a professional trader will only lose a fraction.

We can lose money even if we know how to trade. Losing is just part of being a trader - the idea is to profit more than you lose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.