What's new

The fear of losing money is very common.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

hudahuda

The fear of losing money is very common among new Forex traders. And for this thing pressurize me more. However, there are some other fears that emerge as obstacles for traders on their way to reach the desired level of performance. Everyone is scared to lose their money. A new trader might be doubtful to trade if he has lost some money in the past. I know psychological courses are very fruitful but as well as expensive. I can't afford those courses. Is there any other way?

No doubt the fear of loosing money in this field of trading is very common but go beyond the fear, If you want to acheive your goals you have to be very confident and focused if a trader will keep fearing of loosing money he can never earn

The fear of losing money is very common among new Forex traders. And for this thing pressurize me more. However, there are some other fears that emerge as obstacles for traders on their way to reach the desired level of performance. Everyone is scared to lose their money. A new trader might be doubtful to trade if he has lost some money in the past. I know psychological courses are very fruitful but as well as expensive. I can't afford those courses. Is there any other way?
I think Forex trading is a profitable as well as challenging business. Lots of difficulties a trader will face and he needs to handle and prepare himself for making god money. Advance risk and money management on Forex trading a trader should use to get right impact. With ForexOne Company I am spending a good time in my trading life. Because they give me what I need as to achieve my goal.

Loosing money is a common thing in forex market. Even those who are professional in forex market also loss money in forex market. But if you are wise enough to make a good choice loss can be recovered and you can get profit from you investment. A lot of people don't show interest on investing in forex market just because of the fear of loosing money. If you have faced problem to decide what is good for you, you can take help of the good broker existed in the forex market. I always take help from TP Global FX to take any decision of investment. they help me to execute my plan and make profit. After joining with them, I never loose my money.

I really appreciate what you guys brought up this topic!! I can say the lack of having the ability to understand risk management is what led fear to risk money!! But anyway I think fear is not having the proper preparation of how much are you risking!!

No doubt the fear of loosing money in this field of trading is very common but go beyond the fear, If you want to acheive your goals you have to be very confident and focused if a trader will keep fearing of loosing money he can never earn

Yes, fear of losing money is very common. Research shows that 90% of those who stop trading is because of this fear. You need to know that it is impossible to win all trades. Even the most experienced or successful traders do not win all trades.

Your question about psychological courses is valid. I doubt they help. You've already won half the battle because you've identified your fears. The next step is to try to control them. The way I overcome my fears of losing money include:
- continuing to learn more about trading, trading tools, different assets, and what moves their prices.
- using risk management (stop loss for sure)
- choosing broker that provides excellent customer support (I get good support from Axiory)
- looking out for rewards and bonuses (so you have the flexibility to risk more)
- practice discipline in all aspects of life - this helps me stick to my trading strategy and not make adhoc decisions in case of a sudden price swing

The fear of losing money is within all of us. Acceptance is the first step in overcoming the fear of losing money and trades; even if we try to avoid it, we will inevitably lose money and have losing trades. Therefore, it makes no sense to "try" to avoid losing trades; instead, we must develop the ability to accept and control them.

Limit the number of orders and your position size, especially, when you are just starting out in the market. The more open orders you have, the more difficult it is to keep track of them all. As a result, the anxiety increases. You can concentrate more on them because there are less of them. To boost your confidence, look at the position size and fundamental risk management!

Yes, but then when there is loss, there is also gain, in terms of knowledge. The traders ability to analyse the market sentiment counts here and that is how they can strategize to make good profit in the long run.

This is common but it can also cause anxiety amongst newbies who are afraid of facing their fears. However, trading in the Fx market can change their perspective and increase their self confidence to make better choices. As they learn, they will get better.

Acceptance is the first step in overcoming the anxiety of losing money and trades; even if we strive to avoid it, we will inevitably lose money and have losing transactions. Therefore, it makes no sense to "attempt" to prevent losing transactions; instead, we must develop the ability to accept and control them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.