What's new

New EA TSR 5.0 2018, DASHBOT AND OTHER EAs

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes
In my initial offer of the tsr v2.0 I was told it would work on 5 currency pairs GJ, UJ, EJ, EU and EG on a small account. So I started with $500 and a leverage of 1000 and of course the jpys shot my account in no time. I was using it with default settings. That was a live account because I was told it was very profitable. At first it racked up days with $100 return so I was encouraged to let it run 24/5. A bad tweet about trade with China and there goes my account. So I switched to demo to check the parameters one by one. So I came to the conclusion that with GJ the TF didn't seem to have any effect but if you really want to grow your account GJ is the pair but I will come back to that.

I have tested the EA on a lot of pairs including CC AJ NJ GC etc but the ones with lower spreads are still better. I have settled on EU UC and GJ. Why GJ you may ask considering that it is so volatile and has the potential to margin your account? That is were trial and error comes in and a few blown accounts. If you intend to use GJ you must ensure that you have a minimum of $1000 in your account and a leverage of 1:1000 Grid set to 25 TF I presently have 1M but I don't think it cares really. For lower leverage increase your minimum balance accordingly. So if you wish to use 1:500 balance would be $2000 minimum.

TIMEFRAME. I started testing it on 4HR but the accounts margined out at some point. I cannot say for sure whether it was due to the TF or other factors so I had to test the parameters by using them one at a time and seeing the effect they make on the balance. Conclusion - still Not very clear but for GJ (if you are brave and have the correct balance for it) set it to 1M and for EU and UC use 5M

BACKTESTING: I think I should mention here my personal view of back testing. It will only help to make sure your parameters are working but I do not trust that it can give you a proper understanding of what the EA will do under live conditions. The broker has AI installed on their end messing with your EA and trading against you which does not happen in a backtest so your results will always be very good looking but not practical in the real world.

There are parameters called Info 1, 2 and 3. I am not sure what bearing these have on anything. Do you need to change Info 1 for each pair that you use or just leave it on EURUSD default as I have done? Info 2 and 3 if someone understands their significance please let me know.

START HOUR/STOP HOUR. I have these set to default 0 and 24. I do not turn it off for anything (well except now if it has a huge drawdown I will set the grid to 100) I let it run on a VPS and that is it.

LOT SIZE. I use Fixed Lot. I think this EA is too volatile to let it start setting its own lot size. You are inviting a margin call if you do. I believe that this EA is best used to deliver a fixed amount per day. To make more money open additional accounts with your settings but DO NOT try to push it to over deliver. That could lead to problems.

FIXED LOTS: Set to 0.01 forever. If you are using GJ and your account is doubled you may be able to shift it to 0.02 but monitor it closely. This is best used if you so not intend to withdraw for a while but I have not tested it yet. I intend to do that next month when my balance has doubled.

RANGE: I prefer to call it GRID. You can change the tone of any pair by your GRID setting. Let us think of the JPYs. They are volatile. But because they are volatile and make such large swings they can make you a lot of money daily as they swing up and down and even over time. There may be moments when it may take 3 or 4 days to come back around but if your balance is good they eventually will and pay you a sizeable return. So my setting is 25 minimum. If you still want to be more conservative use 30 and let it run. I use 25 as standard now for all pairs and I mostly use the EU and UC to grow the account and when it reaches large enough I switch to the GJ. I will only run all 3 on a minimum balance of $2000 so I can sleep well at nights.

DiMARTI: This is the martingale story. Many people will tell you that Martingale is the sure way to kill your account. They may be right. It is like giving a child a tool that they cannot handle. If you understand it and use it wisely it comes to your rescue. Firstly the number you use is the multiplier to each level of trades. So if you set it to 2 it will double each subsequent lot. That is 0.01 becomes 0.02 then 0.04 then 0.08 then 0.16 etc so that at level 12 you would have a total of 40.95 lots open on one set of trades and double that for the counters. This is why it is critical that your grid settings be such that it can handle a runaway or a sudden spike and also that your martingale can handle the situation. I use 1.5

LEVELS: I leave this at 12. With a setting of 1.5 I have seen lots of 0.41 double opened. On my small account of $500 with EU and UC whenever it reaches 0.08 double I change the grid settings to 100 to stop it from taking additional trades too quickly and leave it to manage the open trades. Does not mean it will not open opposite trades but these will be 0.01, 0.2 and will produce some returns if the trade keeps going against you. I have been in situations where the drawdown has reached $350 on a $500 account and recovered to under $100.

MOVING AVERAGE. I have this set to default 20. I would have preferred to be able to use 21 EMA because I prefer to use a Fib number but with no way of changing it I leave it at default. Don't think it really matters. My belief is that with a TF of 5M I would have loved to set the moving average to 5 or 8 EMA so that the changeover from buy to sell is done quicker and may return higher profits without having to increase lot size too much

Overall I think the TSR line may be a viable line and that is why I would like to see the parameters for the TSR v5 or v6.0 to see if there are any tweaks that will make it more stable and reliable. Also that will help to make GJ more attractive since that is the best avenue to ensure that you can earn a minimum of $100 daily. Any comments or discussion will be greatly welcomed.

[QUOTE = "ezyazpie, post: 16965, member: 64942"] No geral eu acho que a linha TSR pode ser uma linha viável e é por isso que eu gostaria de ver os parâmetros para o TSR v5 ou v6.0 para ver se existem qualquer ajuste que o torne mais estável e confiável. Isso também ajudará a tornar a GJ mais atraente, já que é a melhor opção para garantir que você possa ganhar um mínimo de US $ 100 por dia. Quaisquer comentários ou discussões serão muito bem-vindos. [/ QUOTE]

very good, your explanation I'll see if I can follow this

hi
is TSR 2019 ea different from JOIA-FX TSR 2019 ea
are they the same or completely different, i have to have 20 post before i can download
please advise

Thanx for sharing
MOVING AVERAGE. I have this set to default 20. I would have preferred to be able to use 21 EMA because I prefer to use a Fib number but with no way of changing it I leave it at default. Don't think it really matters. My belief is that with a TF of 5M I would have loved to set the moving average to 5 or 8 EMA so that the changeover from buy to sell is done quicker and may return higher profits without having to increase lot size too much

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.