What's new

Whats better MT4 or MT5?

well, with MT5 you will have faster execution trades, which means if you use arbitrage or HFT EA you will get more filled trades with lower slippages if your broker is not using Virtual Dealing desk plugin

well, with MT5 you will have faster execution trades, which means if you use arbitrage or HFT EA you will get more filled trades with lower slippages if your broker is not using Virtual Dealing desk plugin

MT5 is muche better, in addition the Backtest is so accurate, but it is more difficult to program than mql4

Have an idea of a good Strategy/ Indicator, I can make your Ea for you. Between $10 - $20 only. Contact me on WhatsApp +2349072822255

The platforms look nearly identical!

MT5 was designed to be able to trade markets other than Forex, such as stocks and commodities, essentially because it is better able to plug into a centralized trading exchange. Other advantages:

MT5 permits both hedging and netting;
MT5 is faster and more efficient than MT4
More Technical Indicators
More Timeframes

MetaQuotes confirmed that the company will stop issuing new licenses to new brokerages, although the MT4 platform can continue to be used by existing customers.

It's better to use more professional platforms like ninjatrader, sierra chart, Quantower, bookmap etc.

If you want to trade stocks, many cryptocurrencies, Futures, you can use MT5. If you want to trade Forex, Major cryptocurrencies, some Futures you can use MT4

MT4 is more compatible with the most things, so right now MT4. MT5 probably is better for modern hardware though.

MT4 is designed for CFD forex instruments, whereas MT5 covers both centralised and non-centralised financial markets, including, stocks, futures and FX trading instruments.
I'm happy with the good old MT4 for now.
It is far more popular than Metatrader 5, and for good reason: it is easy to use and manage and has generally less glitches than its browser-based competitor platforms.

The platforms look nearly identical!

MT5 was designed to be able to trade markets other than Forex, such as stocks and commodities, essentially because it is better able to plug into a centralized trading exchange. Other advantages:

MT5 permits both hedging and netting;
MT5 is faster and more efficient than MT4
More Technical Indicators
More Timeframes

MetaQuotes confirmed that the company will stop issuing new licenses to new brokerages, although the MT4 platform can continue to be used by existing customers.
This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

for me i liked mt4 than mt5 but you can try the both then decide
Agree, I just downloaded MT5 with a new Broker, i like the broker, I am not too fussed about the MT5 platform though, its just not quite as user friendly as MT4, I think i will go back to Broker and swap them to Mt4. More options for Forex also.

For me, MT4 is better because there are already a lot of hidden, indicators and EA written for it. It can be said to be an industry standard, MT5 has not yet come to life, and it seems that it will not
Still, in my opinion the best is CTTrader

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.