What's new

Bad time for forex trading

aylkev

What time should I avoid doing forex trading? Since 8am to 12pm EST is said to be most volatile, are there more?

I avoid trading during the release of important news from the economic calendar. Their publication can create strong volatility in the market and the price can sharply go against your orders even if the trading strategy showed the opposite. Therefore, for safety reasons and the possibility of making a loss, I trade only before and after the release of such news.

I also avoid trading highly volatile currency pairs, since such trading requires large stop losses, which is not profitable for me and can lead to large losses if I enter the market incorrectly. Also, brokers often have large spreads for such pairs, which is also unprofitable.

While 8am to 12pm EST is a popular trading window due to high volume and volatility, there are definitely other times to consider avoiding forex trades:

• Pre-weekend:** Fridays after lunch (around 12pm EST) can be tricky. Many traders close positions ahead of the weekend, leading to lower liquidity and potentially choppy price action.
  • Mondays:** The market can be gappy on Monday mornings, especially after major news releases over the weekend. This can cause unexpected price movements soon after the open.
  • News events:** Avoid trading directly before, during, and immediately after high-impact news releases. The market can be very volatile during these times, making it difficult to predict price movements.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.