What's new

New EA Oracle Scalper from AltraForex.com

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes
Hi there

It scalps a few pips on resistance / support levels
Back test it on Eurusd H1
Very good results.
You can get 200 000 bars data for backtest on eaacadamy.com data page.
HFT type of eas' s use the same enrty method. But this ea does not enter during high voltality, sotjere is less slippage anf thetefor better results.
Nice... i like it

so far this oracle scalper is not working for me, hit the SL early but hit the TP later, it means my trade always got stopped out and then the EA reach the TP, Even if the SL was hit first, the chart still shows that the TP was hit. I don't understand how is it possible when you got stopped out but still show TP was hit.

so far this oracle scalper is not working for me, hit the SL early but hit the TP later, it means my trade always got stopped out and then the EA reach the TP, Even if the SL was hit first, the chart still shows that the TP was hit. I don't understand how is it possible when you got stopped out but still show TP was hit.
Aren't there any settings there? Maybe you can move the stop?

Hello Danjo, the success of the Oracle or Bizon or those kind of EA depend on the currency pair that you are trading. In general a trending currency pair work better rather than a ranging pair. Indicators can't predict short market moves because those are driven by events like (the FED said that ...) and then the price bounce, but on a long term there is clearly a visible trend. I got better results (hit ratio) when I used higher timeframes M30. H1. Maybe you try a swing trade approach with larger TP and SL. Adjust the filter settings that it might trade less often but is more precise. The indicator can be tested with the simulator that I posted here. Just look for the entries and the movement of the chart. Predict the chances to hit TP1 or TP2. In the trade manager you deactivate stoploss and the trailing stop. Instead of this you install the AWR which you can download below. This bot can hedge and neutralize your drawdown. This EA also need capital to trade and you need to backtest and optimize it for your currency pair, too.

In summary when Oracle is right the trade end in profit. When it is wrong the need for AWR is less when you accept a larger drawdown. In most cases the price reverse and then the trade end up in profit some days later. If the trend continue the AWR will hedge your trade and will use a grid strategy with averaging and lower lot size to partially sell of your loosing trade. If Oracle sell the position in profit and there are still some trades from AWR open, it will recover this by itself. You can use AWR for manual trading, too.

Attachments

• AW Recovery EA V3.3.ex4
    325.4 KB · Views: 20
I have a message to Danjo who asked for the Settings for the Oracle. First try your strategy on a Demo account. When this survived evil market moves and you are still profitable try on real account with small lot size. Increase your lot size when your strategy is rock solid. For each pair that you trade there might be different settings necessary. You as a algo trader must find the best settings. Just to load a EA on a chart and let it run is 100% risk to loose all your capital. First thing you should do is to look which pairs were profitable and which took losses. Just trade the pairs that worked good gives you a higher chance to make some profits. To backtest the indicater I use a simulator that I attached to this post. With this you can see in visual mode how the indicator placed his enties. First I look if the entries make sense and then I measure by drawing lines in the chart what SL and TP level would be successful. Then you calculate a statistic in excel. if you have more data you can predict working settings better. I'm more a fan of larger timeframes lets say 30min chart. With this TF your range for SL and TP is larger, have a look at the settings for the indicator. Here you can select if the SL and TP are calculated by the indicator or a fixed value is used for the timeframe you are trading. The automatic mode has the advantage that it adapt the values based on the daily price range and this work in general good. For scalping approach on lower timeframes I would recommend to use fixed values. To increase the precision and get a better win rate of your trades you can select in the Trade Manager to use at least 2 or 3 TF (higher Timeframes) for confirmation. That means it trade only when the market is trending over a couple of hours. For small timeframes that makes no sense. I like the breakeven function and the partial sell of lots. I give one example. When you trade 0.04 lots and TP1 sold 25% which is 0.01 lots than this profit cover all trading costs. When the other 0.03 lots reach TP2 than you cash in the profit. If the price revers ftom TP1 to the start price the 0.03 lots are sold neutral at breakeven. Just if the indicator was wrong you run into SL with 0.04 lots you take losses. For me it is ok when the EA trade once a day and most of the trades are successful. What count is the profit factor and stability of your trading results.
Thank you will definitely try this

I've used the Oracle Scalper EA since the end of Dec - on both a demo and small live account. I've found that using Break Even and Take partials reduces the losses and overall I'm 1% up in a month which is ok with DD around 6%. I hadn't realised the check dashboard option is set to false by default so about 2 weeks in i changed this to true which had in impact. Currently test 3TF confirmation and changing some pairs to TP1 with breakeven still active to see the impact. I've only been using the M15 TF. Overall it's ok so far - some really silly scalps at times nothing like the advert for the product. He's just released a new Dragon scalper which is supposed to be EVEN better which makes me wonder if he will both improving this one.

Hello, do you have any special Settings?
Is the situation as good as ever?
I hope you can give me some advice.

Hello I do not have any special settings (see attached)... I do however, take trades when prices bounces off major levels....(e.g right now pre E.U session, I am loking to buy Gold as prices bounce off major levels ...chart attached)

Trading is the best business provided you know what you are doing.

Attachments

• oracle .png
    oracle .png
    611.3 KB · Views: 13
  • gold.png
    gold.png
    349.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello I do not have any special settings (see attached)... I do however, take trades when prices bounces off major levels....(e.g right now pre E.U session, I am loking to buy Gold as prices bounce off major levels ...chart attached)

Trading is the best business provided you know what you are doing.
Thank you for your reply. May I ask where the indicator of this support line can be downloaded?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.