What's new

What are the best times to trade?

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote
There is no such thing as a best or worst time, in my opinion. However, you can determine the best time to trade based on the currency pairs you are trading.

I mostly trade with EURUSD currency pairs, so the best time I choose is during the London or New York times with a 15-minute time frame.

The best time to trade is based on the currency pairs. For example, I trade with EURUSD and I prefer using London and New York time with a 20-minute time frame.

The forex market has four trading zones and you must choose the time zone according to the currency pair you’re trading. You can trade any time 24 hours a day for five days a week but the best time to trade is when the market is the most liquid. The London and NY sessions offer the highest liquidity and you get more opportunities.

In forex, four major forex market exchanges are located in London, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo. Since they all are in different locations of the world, their hours of operation are also unique.
Therefore, not all hours of the day are equally best suited for trading.
When more than one of them is open at the same time, there will be a heightened trading atmosphere. This means that there will be a substantial fluctuation in currency pairs.
When there is an overlap of the hours of trading, that time is considered the best for trading. It results in higher price ranges, resulting in greater opportunities.

I trade based on the currency pair because each pair has its own timing of when the market is high or low in volatility, since I trade with EURUSD i pefer the London and New York time with a 15-minute time frame.

Don't think that you'll start making profit overnight. Forex trading requires a long period of studying and practice, and even then a lot of people struggle to be profitable.

There is no definitive answer to this question, as different traders have different preferences. Some traders prefer to trade during active market hours, while others find that the quieter hours are better for their strategy. Ultimately, it is up to the individual trader to decide what times are best for them.

Based on the currency pairs, we can determine when to trade. For instance, I typically use a 20-minute time frame while trading EURUSD, and I like to use London and New York time.

There are no "best" or "worst" situations in life. Deep knowledge and a sound plan are all that are required for effective trading, and the currency pair trader is trading. You will lose money no matter what hour it is if you do not spend your money strategically.

The forex market runs on the normal business hours of four different parts of the world and their respective time zones. Since I trade with EURUSD mostly, I prefer the London and New York time zones.

The best time to trade is determined by the currency pair being traded and the relative time zones. It is best to determine it based on your preferred currency pairs.

The currency pairs determine the best time to trade. For example, I trade EURUSD with a 15 minute time frame and prefer to trade during the London and New York time.

In forex trading, there is no best or worst time to trade. However, appropriate time slots can be identified based on the specific currency pairs and timezones.

Everyone finds their own ‘best time’ as per their strategy. You should check the historical price action of the pair you are trading, and test it with your strategy to see which time is the best for you.

Typically, I prefer periods when the market is highly volatile and liquid. So I trade during the London and New York sessions since they are the most active, and these two trading centres account for more than half of all forex trades.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.