What's new

When is the best ideal time for you to trade

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote
London opening (9 am). Look at the hourly chart and put an ATR on it - you'll notice how it always oscillates, reaching a low during the night and taking of in one direction and 9 am London session.

I think it really depends on where you like. If you're somewhere in East Asia, the London session won't be too comfortable, because you'd be terribly sleepy. The same goes for Europeans trying to trade the Tokyo session. It's not impossible, certainly, but most people prefer to trade within their time zone.

I think it really depends on where you like. If you're somewhere in East Asia, the London session won't be too comfortable, because you'd be terribly sleepy. The same goes for Europeans trying to trade the Tokyo session. It's not impossible, certainly, but most people prefer to trade within their time zone.
Best time is usa sezzio

Hahaha, now that I completely agree with. It's completely accurate and applies to traders from all walks of life. :D

Best time is before going to sleep because then you are not able to watch every tick movement. The addiction is real.
No, fun beside, ofc best time is when there is a lot of volatility in the market, so around midday I guess.

There are a few factors that traders should take into consideration when it comes to the right time to trade.

1) Liquidity- it tells how actively currency pairs are being traded.

2) Volatility- it refers to abruptness in the price movements or how quickly the market moves.

The liquidity varies as per the trading sessions. There are 4 trading sessions and each opens at a different time. Therefore, some pairs are traded the most in a particular hour than others.

Timings of trading sessions-
The Asian Session- 11a.m to 8 a.m (GMT)
The EU Session- 7 a.m to 4 p.m (GMT)
The US Session- noon to 8 p.m (GMT)
The Sydney Session-10 p.m to 7 a.m (GMT)

That is a good list, thank you for compiling it!
There are plenty of online forex clocks one can google too, if they wish to see when a session is opening and closing in real time.

You must have got a pretty good idea by now about trading in time zones. The only thing I want to add is that if you are going to trade part time, find a perfect time slot that you can spare for trading. You can also consider opening of a particular market in that time slot like the New York exchange in order to benefit from volatility.

I think long-term positions are best suited to part time trading, since they do not require constant oversight and analysis.

During the first hour or so of a new trading day, price movement is usually extremely erratic. This is mostly due to the accumulation of trade orders issued during after-market hours. When the market reopens for trading, all pending after-market orders are executed first, increasing volatility. As a result, most experts recommend avoiding intraday trading during the opening hour of a session or day.

Similarly, volatility tends to increase in the final hour of trade. The squaring off the process of intraday deals causes this. This is especially true during the trading day's final half-hour.

Many experts believe that the 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. opening time is ideal. The Eastern time (ET) period is frequently one of the finest hours of the day for day trading, with the largest changes occurring in the smallest amount of time. Many skilled day traders quit trading around 11:30 a.m. since volatility and volume tend to decrease at that time.

The opening 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Eastern time (ET) period is often one of the best hours of the day for day trading, offering the biggest moves in the shortest amount of time. A lot of professional day traders stop trading around 11:30 a.m. because that is when volatility and volume tend to taper off.

That depends on liquidity, which varies as per the market conditions and trading sessions. Traders should keep note of the different trading sessions and trade when liquidity for their respective currency pair is high. 50% of the market is active during the overlap of the US and the European sessions so trading during that session can be quite favourable.

I love trading forex during the Asian session. I also like the European session, but it's already evening and I'm already tired.

It mostly depends on the currency pair you trade. For example, I trade with EURUSD and trade mostly during the London and NewYork times.

The best time to trade is whenever the corresponding session of the currency pair you trade is open. For example, the London session for the EUR and GBP pairs, the NY session for the USD pairs, the Tokyo session for the JPY, etc.

Try to figure out a time slot for yourself that has the most liquidity. It will allow your orders to execute smoothly.

Choose a time that is suitable for you instead of asking others. Know one thing that you will be able to make money through trading only if you can dedicatedly trade. If you plan to trade in the middle of other things, you won’t be able to give your 100% at any of those.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.