What's new

Who here is profitable?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
I see many traders giving advice. Would be funny if these traders are not profitable, but know how to advice you to get profitable. Same as many people do on retail forums where you learn sh*t, like Babypips. Honest questions here. Who is profitable and what strategy do you use? I am using institutional trading and have been profitable since.

I think many have earned some profits here. But if you are asking for those who are able to make profits regularly or at least have an overall trading account in profit then I don’t think there'd be many such traders. Earning consistently is a different thing. Personally I have been trying to master fibonacci retracement for trading along with other indicators.

Everyone can be profitable in the short term. Being profitable for at least one tax period is almost a miracle.

Reactions: Nku
I think that may be a bit of an exaggeration - there are plenty of successful traders who do make a living off their trading. They are a pretty small percentage compared to the overall amount of traders, but I wouldn't say it's a miracle.

I think that may be a bit of an exaggeration - there are plenty of successful traders who do make a living off their trading. They are a pretty small percentage compared to the overall amount of traders, but I wouldn't say it's a miracle.

Relatively speaking it is not much of an exaggeration. However when you are profitable, it is funny how fast you meet other profitable traders. Then it indeed does not look a miracle at all!

Most mechanical strategies with some amount of discipline will be profitable. Problems occur when traders try to get
(a) squirrel strategy to carry a tree trunk around or
(b) elephant strategy to climb up a tree to ferret some nuts.

Most mechanical strategies with some amount of discipline will be profitable. Problems occur when traders try to get
(a) squirrel strategy to carry a tree trunk around or
(b) elephant strategy to climb up a tree to ferret some nuts.
Mention ONE mechanical system, described so precisely that I will achieve the same positive results as you.

Profitability of the trade depends on how well the trader knows the market, his trading strategy, trading plan, risk management strategy and emotional control. Not everyone can earn profits from the market, it requires a lot of effort and everyone should be prepared to put in what’s required.

The challenge is in being consistently profitable. If I made 150% in a trade and then, losses in all other trades, I can’t call myself profitable.

From my point of view, I think the trader who can trade by managing risk is a profitable trader. Money management and risk management are very important in trading.

Now that depends on what you think is profitable. There are traders who make profits in some trades and lose others. There are also some traders who made many losses when they started but now make consistent profits. And then, there are traders who make a single profit and then 10 losses and still think that they are profitable.

Not everybody here is profitable. Some are here to learn while some are experts and can give advice. Traders like me are also here who are neither experts nor beginners, we would share our experience with a beginner and learn new things from an expert. I am not very profitable but I do manage to earn good profit on average.

What is being profitable? Means you have a net+ in your trading on a consistent basis. It is that simple.
Empty advice like you have to manage your risk, I think blablabla, has 0 value. It is like telling someone to breath and throwing in your thoughts and/or opinions. Forex only has room for facts.

Forex trading is a lucrative business and those who are willing to learn and take risks are the ones who can make profit from it. Also, I don’t see any problem in these trading forums. In fact it’s a wonderful place for traders to interact with each other and learn from other traders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.