What's new

New EA Dragon Expert Advisor V4.1 EA - Unlimited

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes
I have started using this strategy three weeks ago on live after testing for so much time and did more than 100 back tests with different setups. I have plagiarized some of the ideas and adapted to this EA as it is very unique regarding the risk value. Other Martingale EAs usually wait longer to recover of the losing trades but not this EA or at least on 10 risk value. The ultimate idea of my settings is to be in the market as little as possible. I have tested 10, 15 and 30 and at M30 TF this pip step is perfect for GBPUSD. Even if it moves 200 pips in the wrong direction, thanks to the risk value, only a little reversal in my favor is enough to get out. Considering the martingale exponent is 2.0 for this EA hence you dont want to open too many trades. 19pips profit, I kinda got after so many tests. This EA, when it hits TP, it will open another instantly in the same direction. if you have 10 or 15 pips, you might end up having too many orders in the end. 19pip is great for me. I hit one TP and at that point the market has moved enough to make a reversal for my other open trade - to hedge it. It works 7 out of 10 times. I want to hit one TP and not many which might sound like, why not? I'm not greedy. Got burned by Gold in the past badly. I'm ok if I dont hit 19TP but hit the other TP in the other direction, it just means, it will hedge that one instead. Its great that it open buy and sell at the same time at 2am and whatever happens, I always hit on of the TPs.
Monday and last night were textbook perfect nights. Monday the EA opened 8 trades due to volatility, but it was out of the market by 9am BST. Last night only two trades and again I was out by 9am BST. I have this EA running on same settings on demo on 24h too but there I use 0.01 per 1k and makes about 5% per week which I know it can do more. But just by trading Sydney and Tokyo sessions and even then, only three hours allowing the EA to trade is fine as I dont want to have too many orders entering the London session, which 90% of the time is bullish for an hour. Bear in mind, I use the numbers 20000 or 30000 (low DD) to calculate my lot sizes. And that is still very high but not so high when you only trade three hours a day and not open more than 6-8 trades in total and only 1 or 2 trades going through the day. The EA will still manage those trades and close them with the risk setting and when closed, wait until next day. Even then I only see maximum 3 orders so far which is fine with 2.0 multiplier. The max DD I had so far was no more than 2k on a 7k account, which is now 9k and trading 0.45 lots tonight. I already made 11% Since Sunday night thanks to some volatility Monday morning but I'm out of danger all day which feels great. Hard to get used to at first to do nothing during London and NY sessions but this is the safest for me I feel. Lost 5k to Gold last months and happy that I recovered it now with this method.

thanks your review, so ill try it in demo 1st. Ok hand

Yes, tested.

It won't go pass the 5 levels. Yes, it will still place trades but in the other direction, but won't pass the max 5 levels. Any floating losses is just floating. Trust this and let it do its work.

Basically this ea need to be controlled and if left uncontrolled and with high leverage as in 1:200 and above, the account will be blown.
can you share all the setting that you use.thanks for your kindness

Hello everyone,

I did a mega backtest on this EA with EURGBP from 2003 till today, it took many days but here are the results.

The objective was to see if it is possible to avoid blowing up the account on such long timeframe and the answer is yes.

Keep in mind during this period, we had many financial crisis, Brexit turmoil, euro turmoil, covid, ...

This comes with a few caveat, much less profit... but there's profit.

The initial deposit is 20k USD, and the profit is 32K. Which gives roughly 6% compounded A YEAR... not exceptionally interesting.

The worst drawdown is 16227$,... meaning in theory leaving the account with just over 16k would have been sufficient.

1600785458556.pngà
1600785475200.png
1600785653641.png

My goal is to to fine tune this to be able to run other currencies with the same capital, find the currencies that don't have the drawdowns at the same time.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I am using it
which broker can support this EA ? any recommendations ?
with VantageFX. That broker is limited at 9.0 lots tho.
Thanks a lot for your insight... I decided to take these settings and do some backtesting. In my backtests with 20k, this crashes on Jan 2004, feb 2004, march 2004, jan 2005, June 2006, jan 2007, feb 2008, feb 2009, Apr 2010....... Sometimes the equity more than doubled, so if you skim, then...
Hello everyone, I did a mega backtest on this EA with EURGBP from 2003 till today, it took many days but here are the results. The objective was to see if it is possible to avoid blowing up the account on such long timeframe and the answer is yes. Keep in mind during this period, we had many...
It is true that you can make this much, but loose everything the next month. Which is not worth it in my opinion. Don’t run this EA with the default settings
I haven't read the whole thread, but one thing for sure guys... forget small accounts with this EA. ( I believe to be on the safe side 10K) There's no way you won't blow it without paying close attention to this EA. Yes I'm making money with it, but this is not because I leave it unattended...

Last edited by a moderator:
how much returns per month some one who try it before ?
I just made 38% this month but I avoided wiping my account by pure luck. That day the bot was turned off on gbpeur by mistake. (Brexit talks failing)

this bot can easily wipe your account

don’t bother with less than 10k in it.

I started putting this on real after testing for a few months. The way everyone is using it is too risky. Finally got the best settings using Sydney and Tokyo sessions. I only set it to trade between 2am to 5am every night based on IC Markets server time. See my settings. It opens about 4 - 5 trades every night. One will get through the timeframe and the EA will only manage that (usually closed by midday) and not open anymore other trades. Once its hedged, it will wait till 2am again. Making between 14% to 22% per week now. Because I only trade conservatively and not open any new trades on London and NY sessions, I can use higher lots. Just divide your equity to 20000 or 30000 and enter the first three digits into lots and you are good. Test it and you'll see. Screenshot below is for my 8k real account also made 12% last week. The statement is for my 100k account. Timeframe is M30. And I only trade GBPUSD.

View attachment 10129
View attachment 10128

I followed this method and earn significantly in long term.
however, this method failed on GBP pair.
maybe, due to brexit issue?

Dear all, i want to share Dragon Expert Advisor V4.1 EA

It is Unlimited license.

Use at your own risk.

Thanks.

Just back tested and discovers it works well at first blows account after some months. This is common with most scalping eas I see here

The basic drawback with these EAs is that they don't use stop loss. They enter Some trades which continue to run in negative until account is consumed. Aside this , they can be useful

Unfortunately, most of them are .ex4 files which can't be edited. Even when you decompile, the code gets distorted

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.