What's new

I quitted learning manual trading and I am learning automated trading

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
manual trading takes time and it is frustrating, It once gave me a mental break down and I won't return to it , so I have chose to study algo trading! hope it will help.

What have you learned so far? I want to get into algo trading too!

good luck. it has its own pitfalls... easy to get ea with lots of promise but to discover they don't work in a real life account...
Exactly! Even if you do 2 -3 trades per day with an indicator and SNR levels you can earn better. But Automatic trading can blow your account any time if the market is choppy.

So you opted to do something you have even less control over? Also trading takes time because it is so multi-facetted. Once you learn theory you then have to work out a strategy that works for you and be able to execute it. THEN you have to deal with your inner demons that stop you trading logically. There are no shortcuts and EAs won't shorten the process.

Your reason for moving to automated trading doesn’t satisfy me much as you seem to not have obtained enough experience in manual trading that would have helped you in setting the right instructions for automated trading.

Sure, take time and relax before you start manual trading again. Using an EA for a long time is not suitable as you cannot completely rely on it. So, go back to learning and practice on a demo account if you must and gain confidence! It is okay to feel low, pick yourself back up, remember the goal and aim towards it!

I don’t think that it is a good idea to quit manual trading completely. I mean it’s not a good decision to depend on a robot with your trades. You can use a bot in highly volatile situations but consider manual trading the other times.

I am sorry but manual trading is much less stressful than automated trading in my opinion. You are in total control of your trades and the only thing you need to do is manage your emotions while trading. It is normal to feel stressed when you start out as a beginner. Learn to deal with the stress and you should not expect to find shortcuts even with automated trading.

Without trading manually, what made you think that it is time consuming and won’t work for you. I am not sure what you have in your mind but manual trading is still the best way of trading. It may not work sometimes but your automated system is also prone to failing. I am not saying that you should not use a trading bot. All I am saying is that you must first obtain trading experience as a manual trader and then move to a bot.

Good luck with that. But I would advise you to try learning manual trading again. You should not give up on learning this easily. Automated trading also has its own challenges and sometimes it is way riskier than manual trading. Learning to trade forex will never be easy but the knowledge about manual trading will surely help you in the long run.

It’s not possible to use automated trading before you can trade manually. So, don’t believe in all that any random person tells you and do your learning properly.

I hope you find success this time but it is not going to be easy either. Just take your time and do not rush the learning process. Patience is very much needed to become successful in forex trading whether you are a manual trader or using an EA.

I am using Pegasus Pro and Elantian EA, they are both very good EA´s! Working fine and have a win rate over 70%. Very profitable, both...

I think you should think about your decision again. If it works for you, it is alright, but if it doesn’t, consider waiting for some time and figuring out what you can do. When you make certain decisions, give them time to give you the results you want. Consider it as a game of patience; if you think that rushing and making any decision and working on it without giving it enough time will work to give you quick profits, it will never happen.

Algo trading can be good as long as you know how it works. What you should do is to start learning and understand how algo trading works and how you can use it to your advantage. You see, algo trading is just an advanced computerised trading system that is designed to make money. These systems are now being adopted by a growing number of brokers and traders, so it's worth a try.

Wild guesses don’t always carry good result for traders. You can also take geopolitical condition under your consideration as part of fundamental analysis because it helps. If you are not better at this, try to watch videos on Youtube primarily to fix the lacking. While trading with Eurotrader broker, you will face no technical problems because they use smart bridge technology.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online