What's new

MetaTrade 4 vs Metatrader 5

Ashlan

Metatrader 4 vs Metatrader 5, which do you use and why do you prefer it? i'm told they're virtually identical

Metatrader 4 vs Metatrader 5, which do you use and why do you prefer it? i'm told they're virtually identical
It actually depends on what kind of indicators you are using and also what kind of simulator you are using. I use both Metatrader 4 and Metatrader 5 platforms.
1. Reason being that only Metatrader 4 can run Simulators like Soft4fx, Sphere Tester and FxBlue. Metatrader 5 can run only FXBlue Simulator.
2. Metatrader 4 cannot run heavy duty indicators as Metatrader 4 is only 32 bit platform. Running heavy duty indicators will make Metatrader 4 platform freeze which is a huge drawback.
3. Metatrader 5 is 64 bit platform which can run any heavy duty indicators without any problems easily.

If you are running heavy duty indicators then go for Metatrader 5. Yes you will have to convert your mq4 Metatrader 4 indicators to mq5 Metatrader 5 indicators. There are many coders online who are fluent in programming of both languages mq4 and mq5 who can convert your indicators from mq4 to mq5 for a fee depending on the complexity of the indicators.

If you have light indicators that you are using in Metatrader 4 platform then continue using Metatrader 4 platform. No point in switching to Metatrader 5 platform.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.