What's new

HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN FOREX

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes
my overall loss is about $40.000
my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy
After winning good results i could not stop for this session, in the end i lost all of my winnings and Even more

2) No moneymanagement
I didn’t know exactly how much i could Risk for Each trade, and had no strategy how to minimize risk

3) Never considered business news
With the economic calendar you can sort out risky currency pairs daily,
and Even get known about important things happening on markets
Damm
I must have already lost around 1500 €.
In me opinion the big error is Greedy

Loss is the part and parcel of forex market. Every trader wants to reduce their losses. If you want to reduce your losses you need to study more and more about forex market. Basically new traders are not serious about the losses. To reduce the losses every traders need to make a plan and walk through that plan. I always trade with TP Global FX. It has low spread and give personal advice to reduce or recover the losses.

You will lose a lot if you are greedy which unfortunately is 95% of the people who trade. Do not risk more that 3% and be patient. Do not chase the market. There is always going to be another trade. Also, once you find a system that make you profits stick with it and do not change it. Lastly, accept that fact that you will not have a 100% winning ratio.

wow - then im still okay - only lost about $300, hence im back on the demo getting myself sorted before diving back in again

...7000 Euro....
First binary trading with a robot.
The owner was a big scammer.
In forex not so much, but i lost...

my family has lost more than 100k for the past few years, stay away from broker or somebody that try to help you to trade on your behalf

learn to trade yourself

my overall loss is about $40.000
my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy
After winning good results i could not stop for this session, in the end i lost all of my winnings and Even more

2) No moneymanagement
I didn’t know exactly how much i could Risk for Each trade, and had no strategy how to minimize risk

3) Never considered business news
With the economic calendar you can sort out risky currency pairs daily,
and Even get known about important things happening on markets
This is huge man!

These 3 mistakes are major destroyers of Forex traders

you cant underestimate the importance of putting on a stop loss, risk and trade management. always awful to lose too much money

The biggest lost I had some years ago was 3.000 euros, but through my 10 years trading I haven´t won nor lost any money. Only my eyes suffered.

Everybody in forex did not start as an expert. Back when you were still a newbie, how much did you lose before you start making profit? Can you share some experience and mistakes that newbies like me should avoid?
start trading with demo accounts, once you feel ready to make profit you can start with a real account but only with very small amounts

Everybody in forex did not start as an expert. Back when you were still a newbie, how much did you lose before you start making profit? Can you share some experience and mistakes that newbies like me should avoid?
Ive lost around 2000 dollars and thats all because of bad money management

For me also the largest amount was around 2k for a single trade. I learned a lot since then. What really helped me was:

1. Determine SL and TP positions. If the win:loss ratio is smaller then 2:1 i will not risk anything. In the end it is all about statistics.
2. Don't open counter positions. This was really the beginning of a mess. I lost 2k because i thought the trend will turn around again. I looked at indicators etc and it "supported" my thinking - i was wrong.
3. Deal with losses. It is important that you have to accept that these are only numbers. If you win more traded then you loose then everything will be fine. It works for me because i do not risk more then 10% of my total money.

Unfortunately, greed and fear of loss are the biggest problems in my opinion. And some EA's need a large account, which I had to learn first

Forex is risky business, No body knows future, but future can be predicted. as long as profit greater than loss, I think is good enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.