What's new

How many years do need to study forex

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes
It’s been years and days getting education even studying but all the efforts I put in ,at the end of the day I fail.why?
You need to set rules for yourself and stick to them... consistent is what matter and what brings profit not just trading blindly. Set rules based on your studies and you will be okay. You can get the belly system indicator to assist you in your trading career. All the best!

First you need to teach yourself on how to be disciplined, control your emotions, sad enough you're the only one who can teach yourself this. No matter the amount of knowledge you gain without discipline and trading off of your emotions, you still would be stuck in one place.

Meanwhile, learning in this field of Forex is ever non stop because the market is always changing, so you definitely would need that extra knowledge every other day, no knowledge is a waste. Everyday you learn new things from the market and these news things help you leverage well enough over this market.

If you study support and resistance and what most people study, it will take you a lot longer but if you study Market Structure and Price action.
In the end, we are driven by emotions when it comes to the market. Fear and greed are factors that push us in or pull us out.

If what you're doing is not working, change your approach...find the right people to model, associate with the right group of people, commit to constant and never ending improvement and don't set any timeline but rather, just decide to master it no matter how long it takes. If others have done it, the only thing separating you from doing the same is knowledge+experience+time.

It’s been years and days getting education even studying but all the efforts I put in ,at the end of the day I fail.why?
They say Forex trading is SIMPLE but not easy, So let me simplify trading for you. Its all about understanding the market structure( how the market behaves/moves) market moves in two phases namely IMPULSE AND CORRECTION. then you have to learn market structure in depth by understanding we can frame it in many ways, i.e channels;ascending/descending, wedges, flags. and we frame it using trend lines. and we can incorporate previous levels(HIGHS AND LOWS) to trade also. just look for minimum 2-3 touches and what you want to see is reversal structures when price approaches this levels. Of course why you are failing can be answered by you as an individual cos u should be keeping a trading journal to see where you are missing it

They say Forex trading is SIMPLE but not easy, So let me simplify trading for you. Its all about understanding the market structure( how the market behaves/moves) market moves in two phases namely IMPULSE AND CORRECTION. then you have to learn market structure in depth by understanding we can frame it in many ways, i.e channels;ascending/descending, wedges, flags. and we frame it using trend lines. and we can incorporate previous levels(HIGHS AND LOWS) to trade also. just look for minimum 2-3 touches and what you want to see is reversal structures when price approaches this levels. Of course why you are failing can be answered by you as an individual cos u should be keeping a trading journal to see where you are missing it
EVOLVING WITH THE MARKET.pngIMPULSE AND CORRECTION.pngNATURE OF MARKET.jpgPROBABILITY VS POSSIBILITY.pngRISK & REDUCED ENTRY.pngrisk reduced and nature of market.pngRISK REDUCED DEFINED.png

7 years I've been learning. And I'm still destroying my deposit. I guess trading's not for me. I have a gambler's line :sick:

It does not depend on years but on hours.
Professional traders usually have over 20,000 hours of trading experience.

I think every serious trader is studying the market continuously. The process never stops. More important is to practice what you've learnt on theory and not sit on the sidelines.

Most strategies work most systems work what doesn’t work is emotions ,listening to other traders , Cutting corners To be profitable and being lazy AF

Hello .... I think with 1 year the basics should already be assimilated. Any time it is a continuous learning for this update

Start from price action strategy. There is nothing better than leaning that. Whichever strategy you learn, stick to it and keep applying until you get master it. Learn one strategy and master it. That should be the goal.

In my opinion you wont stop learning or studying cos there's no end to what you need to know. Just know what's enough for you to get going. Join a smart team, practice a lot and continue with research and learning

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.