What's new

How many years do you need to trade to be a professional trader?

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes
I think that the one of the most important attributes is emotional control .. it can lead to disaster (I have first hand experience :confused:)

Took me a while to develop a proper trading strategy. Just takes lots of discipline to continue tweaking things that don't work and keeping track of your progress

it's a subjective topic. There are people who have gotten into the trading world with cryptos and got lucky, but they think they are good traders. Earlier in the year everyone I knew was talking about making money in Doge coin... now they are all quiet. Professional Trader is just a term someone may call themselves. Focus on the work, the title you'll be able to choose once you are consistent.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1138).png
    Screenshot (1138).png
    79 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (1139).png
    Screenshot (1139).png
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (1140).png
    Screenshot (1140).png
    109.2 KB · Views: 7
Being a newbie myself I think it depends on your trading systems...If you have a good system and milking the market then you're Good...

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how long it takes to become a professional Forex trader. It is determined by your natural ability as well as the choices you make along the way. The best piece of advice I can give you is to enjoy the journey every step of the way. Make the mistake of concentrating on the result, because there isn't one. It takes time to develop into a profitable and professional trader. Even after more than a decade, traders are still learning and improving every week.

The best way to stay on track is to focus on the process of good trading and learning to enjoy the process.

I am trading currencies and indices for over 9 years now not full time though yet i don't believe i am a pro :cautious: over all i am in profits most of trading months but i agree that you need to have a sound strategy. Pro or not what matters is you made profit end of the month.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.