What's new

How many trades a month for beginner

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes
I think a beginner cannot make a living out of forex easily because it takes a lot of time to gain that level of experience. But still to answer your question, the number of trades would be such that either the number of profitable trades would be more, or the amount made in profitable trades is higher than total of loss made in trades.

The importance of this cannot be overstated. Based on a realistic return of 5% per month, plan what you need every month. For me, I need USD 3K per month so my capital is USD 60K. Once you've achieved your target for the day, go have a coffee and take a break. DO NOT BE GREEDY. This is where DISCIPLINE is so crucial.

Well, it’s hard to say anything about that because it varies from trader to trader. Some traders might start doing well from the very first day of live trading while others might not even be able to make a considerable amount even after a year of trading.

That depends on the financial goals of a trader. It’s a lifestyle question! Some traders can make a living with $1000 a month, while for some even $10,000 a month isn’t enough. You need to be clear of your goals and trade accordingly.

If you are starting out, then you should think in terms of how much risk you can take, not trades. The forex market can be extremely volatile. You shouldn’t risk more than you can afford to lose. Start with risking 1% of your capital per trade. And avoid overtrading. No trader makes a living in his first month of trading. The curve isn’t linear. I would suggest you clear your forex fundamentals before you take any risk.

According to me, a beginner should stick to a demo account and practice as much as he can. He should avoid trading live initially and try to acquire appropriate trading skills.

Not every profit is of the same size. Not everyone’s requirements are equal. Not everyone uses the same amount to trade. So, it’s better not to compare yourself with others and pave your own way in the forex market.

That depends on how much money is enough for you to make a living. And as a beginner, it isn’t easy to make money because the market is full of risk, and the trading journey isn’t a cakewalk. You need to take slow steps. A demo trading account is a good place to get started.

There are many factors that decide how much money a trader can make in a month. His trading skills always rank first on the number one position. Other factors that define your success are risk management and trading psychology. So for new traders making a living from trading is challenging since acquiring these skills requires months/ years of practice.

On live account, a beginner should open two to three trades a month but they should open limitless number of orders on demo account. Because demo is the place for getting their skill ignited and sharpened. They should make their own roadmap about how they will advance.

In the beginning, you will just be getting an idea of the market and how it works. A trade per day would be sufficient for you then. You will need time to analyse the market, choose an amount to trade, and again analyse the market before closing your trade. As you gain experience, you might start taking less time and then, increase the number of trades per day with time.

It doesn’t matter how many trades you make in a month. The thing that matters is how efficiently you are able to trade. A trader should be consistent in making winning trades to earn a good overall profit.

How many successful trades a month do you need to make when living off of trading

I try to not exceed the number of trades under my trading plan to avoid overtrading. The number of trades is fixed like 10 trades, no matter if the overall result was loss or win I simply stop trading.

The number of trades depends on the strategy you are using. If you are using a scalping strategy, you will be executing more trades in comparison to what you have been executing if you were using a swing trading strategy.

You can start with one trade per day that counts for 22 trades a month considering the forex market is closed on the weekends. With time as you gain experience, you can increase the number of trades as per your convenience.

It is very subjective! Making a living from $1000 would be enough for me, but that may not even pay your monthly rent. So first, you need to know what your target is. And accomplishing that target may be feasible in one trade or multiple. It’s simple: to get more rewards, risk more. Or you can go for a higher leverage. There are multiple ways to do it. But you should know your trading goals.

Actually, I never cared about how many trades I was executing per month. All I have been conscious about is how my strategies work. I have a habit of testing different strategies with different amounts because you never know which one would work for you in a certain situation.

The number of winning trades doesn't tell you much about your profitability. To answer this question, you need to analyse your own trading results and look at things such as risk-to-reward ratio and drawdown. You can have many winning trades but if your losses are excessive or your trading results are inconsistent over a longer span of time, that's something you need to fix before depending on trading as your main source of income.
How much you need to trade to make a living also depends on your starting capital and your living costs/financial goals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.