What's new

General How many years do you need to trade to be a professional trader?

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes
Just to be a professional trader a trader can start trading full time, but to be a profitable professional trader it takes a lot of time along with the hard work and dedication.
The years may vary. For some it might take only 4-5 years whereas for some it might take 8-9 years depending on the consistency of a trader.

For me, a professional trader is one who trades forex and other assets full-time. They depend on the profits that they make from trading. Now that it's not easy to make consistent profits and make a living from them, it can take a long time for a trader to become a forex trader. The time can vary from trader to trader.

There is no fixed duration. It depends on your trading approach. If you do it with persistence, then you can expect to see results in 3-4 years or earlier.

There is no specific number of trades that you need to do to become a professional trader. Rather, it has to do with your learning approach and hard work. If you can trade consistently with proper strategy, then you might get desired results a lot quicker.

Just keep doing it! For a forex trader, there is no end to learning. The more you learn, the better trader you become.

There is no fixed duration. It depends on your trading approach. If you do it with persistence, then you can expect to see results in 3-4 years or earlier.
You’re right! For being a professional in trading, traders need to gain good trading skills and develop a good emotional balance.

It’s like asking how many times it takes to learn how to fly a plane. Everyone takes their own time, and some can’t even do it. But first thing to note: your competition is with you. Personally, I think trading requires constant learning. Tomorrow, the market may not be the same as it was yesterday. You have to be consistent to figure out what works the best for you in a given market scenario.

There is no certain time period that is enough to make you a professional trader. What if you spend 5 years in the forex market without learning and improving over time? You will keep standing from where you started. It’s best to focus on doing work and becoming skilled rather than expecting to make gains because with skills comes profits.

Your success in the forex market is not time bound, rather effort bound. You may start making profits from the very first year of your trading if you trade properly. And if you don’t, you may not even be able to make money even after 10 years in the market.

I don't think there is a correct answer for this. Think of it like popcorn. The kernels pop at different times. There is so many factors that go into becoming a "professional" trader.

Being a professional trader completely depends on factors like expertise, attitude, mindset and experience. You need to be well-versed with the trading strategies and the fundamental and technical concepts of the market to qualify as a professional trader.

I don’t think it would be justified to set any limit on the time that you need to dedicate to your learning and improving. As you have to find your own way to success, you have to keep getting better whenever you get a chance. Focus on making the right trades at the right time and everything will get sorted for you.

Well, in my opinion, learning forex trading is a process, not a destination. There is no expert or professional in the market who is not losing even after so many years of experience and learning. The market is so unpredictable that even professional experts lose their trade sometimes. All you need to focus on being better than yesterday. Always try to avoid repeating the same mistake again and again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.