What's new

How many trades a month for beginner

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes
I would suggest finding that out on your own. Open a trading position and hold it for as long as you can hold your emotions. Close the position if you feel that you have received what you could have. I am not talking about profits and losses because there are other things that come before money. They are called skills. So, make a few trades however you want to and build your plans later.

The best way to view this is through trades with better RR and overall account P/L .
If you can achieve say 2% per week put 8% per month in a compound calculator on your account and see how you could grow

When I was a newbie, I traded 2 trades per day. So, you can start with that. But ensure that you learn something from your trades. You might not be able to make money initially. The return should be learning. Gradually, you will get better.

Depends on the strategy you are using. You cannot be sure about the number of strategies you would be required to execute per day until you have a strategy in hand. So, just focus on building the right strategy and you will be able to find the right number of trades per month.

There are many factors that will let a beginner know that. Knowledge is crucial, though. Without knowledge, they won’t know how many trades they need to place and when not to place, etc.

Beginners should start their journey with handling one or two trades at a time, until they gain experience. They need time to figure out how to make money, so with patience and planning, it is possible to earn small amounts but only if traders study the market sentiment and find a pattern with the changes. Budgeting and applying risk management techniques should be focused on, not the end goal yet. Only through hard work can profit be achieved, eventually.

There’s no such thing as making a fixed number of trades for a beginner. Basically the number of trades depends on the strategy. If you are scalping, you can make 100 trades a day. But if you are swing trading, you might only make 1 trade in a week. The thing is, a beginner should develop his psychology so that he doesn’t indulge in overtrading out of greed or anger.

Imo, beginners forex traders can make at least 10 to 20 trades a month, one at a time. This is because the forex market is very volatile and beginners need to get used to the fluctuations. Making more trades will help them become more comfortable with the market and learn how to trade effectively.

The answer here is subjective, since we all need to make a different amount of money a month to live. Some may have more bills or a larger family, so they would need to make more, while others may be able to get away with making less. It all depends.

There is no fixed answer to this. How much you should trade in a month totally depends on your skill level, trading knowledge, and capital. Moreover, before that, you should know your trading goals. So everything is planned and you avoid overtrading.

This shouldn’t be the limit of your trades. Execute trades as per your strategy and not because someone else is making a certain number of trades.

As a beginner, you should focus on two to three trades per week. That is sufficient, but you can do it even once a week if you are not really confident. It all depends on you and how well you can manage your risks, emotions, and losses. Do not trade more than what you have decided because trading more than what you have decided will prove to be a loss-venture.

It will not be a right thing to specify a certain number. The number of trades for a beginner varies from trader to trader. Some traders may start doing well from the beginning if they enter the market with proper strategies, then they can trade as much as they want. And others might not have enough knowledge, so they should focus more on learning things at first. So, see what fits for you

It is a very personal question and the answer varies from person to person. For this, traders have to define their goals and trade accordingly. Everyone is trading different amounts with different goals, so we can’t compare. But as a beginner you should focus more on learning and save yourself from unnecessary losses.

Beginners need to build their minds towards understanding that learning takes some time and they need to be patient when they enter the market. If they open around one to three trades at a time, it gives them time to understand the market better and less stress while managing the trading process.

I would advise you to make 10-30 small trades per month. As a beginner, work on developing your trading psychology.
This will help you make trades rationally without involving any emotions.

How many successful trades a month do you need to make when living off of trading
For me 20-25 trades monthly is enough, I spent a lot of time on market analysis, finding possible entry and exit points and picking correct lot size that reflects current market volatility and trend behavior.

That’s the wrong approach because your success doesn’t depend on how many traders you do in a day or month. You could lose all money in one trade that you have gained in over 5 traders. Or, you could gain an amount equal to 4 trades in a single trade.

So, instead, they should focus on learning about financial markets and developing a trading strategy that aligns with their goals and risk tolerance. It is important for beginners to manage their risk and not overtrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.