What's new

How many years do need to study forex

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes
Don’t count on your knowledge by years you spend on learning. Instead of this, count on the lessons that you have retained and can use in your trading career for the longest time. Focus on learning from different sources and you will be able to handle different market movements along your way.

Trading is a journey where everyone walks at their own pace. However, there is one thing that can’t be ignored - consistency. You have to be regular with the process. Try to learn as much as you can about the market. The more you know, the better you become at the game.

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time as a trader. Failing is just a part of the learning process and such experiences are inevitable when you trade forex. I would recommend you to read the book ‘Trading in the zone’ by Mark Douglas. Because I feel that the psychological part may be hindering your progress as a trader since you are already learning from years.

When I first started forex starting I thought it was quick money ..At first, I earn something then I lost the double I earn .. Then I started educating myself .... everything that is is in books is different from the real market …the biggest teacher is market itself …make a journal keep learning from your mistakes ..when you will stop repeating your mistakes, then your mistakes will disapper

See, forex trading is a constant learning process. You cannot give a deadline to learning. There is always something different and new you pick up along the journey. It is said that newbies enter the market with a fixed mindset, and don't make it far because of a lack of understanding of the sentiment. Take your time and learn, research and study the market conditions closely.

I know it feels awful when you keep on failing even after learning for years. But please be patient and see what you are doing wrong. You must be repeating the very same mistakes which are hindering your progress and stopping you from attaining success as a forex trader. Keep on trying and improving yourself and I am sure you will get better as you gain some more experience.

There’s nothing as such an ideal amount of time you should spend in order to learn forex. Everyone should move at their own pace and not rush to complete the syllabus of forex. Different people have different capacities to absorb knowledge. If you are a fast learner, you can finish learning forex in a matter of a few months. It is important to thoroughly understand the concepts rather than to finish it off quickly.

I'd say that depends. Before you get started on a live account, there's a lot to learn. Some may devote more time per day or be faster learners, or vice versa. You should be consistently profitable trading on demo as well, which some get more easily than others. Once you do go live, you should always continue learning!

It depends on how thoroughly you will learn Forex trading. Learning is a continuous process and the same goes for Forex trading. A trader can be trained for trading in a few weeks but takes much more time to get hold of the market strategy one is using, study the trends in the right way, and make money on a regular basis from trading. A trader has a lot many things to learn while he is trading in the forex market from his past trades, trends, and even from working for the forex market. So always have the spirit to learn from your mistakes.

Forex knowledge is never enough. You will find yourself getting a new lesson every day. Keep a trading journal where you can mention about your trades and how you have been doing

question is wrong,
it takes maybe a month or two to learn how to trade.
but it can take years to understand trading psychology and how it works and how to stay disciplined

It is entirely dependent on your learning abilities and prior experiences. Every trader has a unique set of learning abilities. As a result, the answer may differ for each trader. however. 6-8 months of hard work is sufficient to cover the fundamentals.

It will typically take on average around 1 year for someone to learn to trade forex. The technical side can be learned within a few weeks, but the risk management and psychology will take around a year

You can never leave learning. Your initial learning stage will have to learn from websites and practise on a demo account. It will take several weeks or months to understand enough to build confidence for trading. You should never rush the process, as you will leave many crucial things behind in such a way.

I think every serious trader is studying the market continuously. The process never stops. More important is to practice what you've learnt on theory and not sit on the sidelines.

i've been studying on and off for 7 years... went live about 3 months ago finally. Heh... Everyone is different. Some prefer to relax on the learning when they find a profitable strategy, and some are just entranced and fully dive with passion into the markets. There's really no set in stone concrete way for this particular industry, and this is why I love it

Forex trading education never ends. It is a never-ending learning process because the forex market is very dynamic. However, how much study is required to have a good understanding of the market depends on the trader's mental ability, previous experience, and a variety of other factors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.