What's new

How many years do need to study forex

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes
I am not sure how much time other traders took to do their learning. But I did my learning in a year and a half, including clearing my basics and demo practice. Even after dedicating this much time to learning, trading in the live market wasn’t easy. I didn’t increase my investments until I saw my strategies working.

I would refrain from saying that you need to spend a particular amount of time learning. Just take your own time until you have learnt all the basics, practised different strategies, and used various indicators. It’s not a race that you have to win. It’s your journey and you are free to take as much time as you want to.

It’s not about hours! Rather, it’s about what you learn and how you apply things. I have seen traders who became profitable in 1-2 years. They focus on learning and applying. If you are facing issues, I suggest you analyse your learning approach once. Are you backtesting? Do you have a trading journal? Sometimes carefully analysing yourself works the best.

It’s not about hours! Rather, it’s about what you learn and how you apply things. I have seen traders who became profitable in 1-2 years. They focus on learning and applying. If you are facing issues, I suggest you analyse your learning approach once. Are you backtesting? Do you have a trading journal? Sometimes carefully analysing yourself works the best.
Trading journals and backtesting the trade are very important for gaining long-term success in forex trading. Trading journals allow traders to keep track of the trade. Backtesting gives the edge to the trading strategy.
These both act as catalysts in the process of learning forex trading.

Every trader takes their own time to learn forex trading!

That’s so because the market constantly changes due to its volatility. And traders need to trade as per the market conditions. It is also the reason why trading strategies fail because they no longer comply with the market’s situations. On average, it takes around 3-4 years to become a profitable trader. However, you can do it quicker if you study well and focus on learning from your mistakes.

As many have already said, there is no time limit to learning. You learn even if you have started to make consistent income. You learn from your profits. You learn from your losses. You learn from your risks. There is no end to learning and growing in the forex market.

I think a trader should spend at least 2 years to learn Forex trading. Learning should be accompanied by practicing. Almost all brokers allow traders with a well off trading platform, so does Eurotrader. While trading on demo account, trade like live trading, otherwise you will be failure to earn your knowledge.

There is no fixed number of years that one has to give to studying forex. The rule is simple. To grow as a trader, you have to consistently study it and test different strategies. So you have to give more input if your work isn’t showing results.

There is no end to learning, at every moment we learn new things. However, for a profitable beginning of forex trading, a newbie has to study for a complete year. Most people join courses for a few months but they should also practise for more time.

Learning from someone who already know what they are doing faster and a more direct approach if they are doing what you want to do.

Well it depends on the trader’s learning capacities and how fast they grasp all the information & knowledge about the forex market.

For me, its been 3 years. Trading is Fun. You need to control your emotions and understand the structure of market. I used to grown 3000% my deposit in 2 weeks and burn it just in one day. That's really hurt. I think we will never stop learning and finding something new to reduce the risk.

Learning from someone who already know what they are doing faster and a more direct approach if they are doing what you want to do.
Learning from someone who already has knowledge but it is very difficult for someone who is genuine. With the increasing number of scams, I can’t trust anyone on this except for myself.

Don’t go by what others tell you about their journeys. Build your journey in accordance with what seems right to you. Take as many years to study as you need to become familiar with the market. It should not matter how much time others took for the same study.

Forex is a wide subject and needs lots of patience and study. It is not possible to cover each and every topic in a short period of time. Imo, learning forex goes on until ones’ trading career.

Forex is a dynamic market. To become a successful forex trader, you need to stay updated with the market and latest trends. Thus, there is no end to learning.

Not always. The training may also take a longer period of time.
It must be admitted that most people will not be able to trade profitably at all.

I might surprise you by saying that you will never stop learning as a forex trader. Each trade, each loss, each profit, and each market movement will come up with an important lesson that you would have never learnt before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.