What's new

How many years do need to study forex

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes
Well every trader has different learning capabilities and hence the time varies. It took me 2 years to learn forex properly and on an average it takes 1-2 years to learn forex. Actually you can gain theoretical knowledge in about 5-6 months but practising takes much more time ahead. It totally depends on how fast you grasp the knowledge and trading skills. Some people become successful in 1 or 2 years and some take years to become an expert and still can't reach a level of satisfaction. Becoming a good trader is a totally subjective thing. It depends on how much you practise, how nicely you control your emotions, how disciplined you are, what your risk management strategy is, how you take losses and so on. So make sure you practise a lot and remain disciplined.

As long as you’re trading. Forex is a dynamic market. You have to stay updated with the market and its latest trends. Moreover, strategies change. You will only survive if you learn new things or methods about making money in forex.

I would say months not years. If you keep implementing the strategies you learn side by side, you can learn trading in months not years. This is true for any financial market.

Depending on your commitment, it can take a few months to several years. In my case, it took me nearly 2 years. Now that I have enough knowledge to actually survive in the forex market. But, there is no formula to measure how long it will take to learn forex trading. Every second in forex trading one tends to be prepared for learning new things.

Yes. At the same time, there is no certainty that this profitable trader is still trading profitably.

There’s officially no ‘number of years’ to study forex. Forex is in itself a study. Even when an expert is interpreting something, they are studying it. Studying is not something that will stop. It is a continuous journey. The more you study, the better trader you’ll become, provided you spend enough time practising in a demo as well.

A successful trading career can't be predicted in advance, and there's no way to plan for it. It all comes down to the circumstances. It can take anywhere from 5 months to a year or more for some people, while for others it may take even longer depending on the dedicated hard work.

I will add that you should always be prepared for the fact that you will not be able to make a successful career in Forex at all and you will have to do something else.

You don't need years of study I would honestly say even 2 months is enough but the thing you really need is a practice in applying the concepts you learn and that takes time which also means learning Concepts(SMC) of specific strategies and also having one at most 2 strategies that you use and practice consistently.
FalconFx is a good one and I think it is simple enough and the skills you learn there quickly transfer over to the Smart money Concept. Add indicators only after the concepts are embedded in your brain and even then 2 indicators like MACD and RSI using divergence are more than enough.

Forex is a lifetime journey and cycle but overall consistnecy and profitability start in few years of practice there are no set rules each trader has their own journey in trading .

I do not have the answer to this question because your learning traits and learning history related to forex is different. It will take time, but no one can tell you how much time you will take exactly to learn about the forex market. So it is the quality of time you spend and not quantity. Quantity is necessary, but quality is what is important.
If someone takes one year to learn about forex and starts to earn profits consistently, it means that this person has spent quality time learning about the forex market.
But someone took two years to learn about the forex market, and this person is suffering loss after loss. This indicates that this person was concerned about time and not the quality of time spent on learning about forex.
I hope this answers your query.

For some, it may take years to learn, but a person will never be able to trade profitably. We need to understand and realize this.

It is dependent on your course of study. It takes a lot of time to study the Market Structure and its nature and reaction to different fundamental factors. Forex is a vast subject and traders need to spend quality time to learn the concepts.

The forex market is extremely volatile, with numerous factors influencing price movement. In just a few weeks, you'll be able to understand the basics. To gain money, you must continually analyze the market and keep up with global developments.

It is imperative for you to focus on your learning and the quality of time spent. You can take years to learn, but it is only the quality of time you spend on learning that will determine your success in trading.

Don’t keep a time limit in your mind when you study because this will make you rush your learning and you may even skip a few important lessons. What would be best is to keep learning until you have understood what you are reading and can make proper use of it in the live market.

A forex trader keeps learning even after he has started trading in the live market. It’s simply because the unpredictable nature of the market keeps coming up with one or the other challenge that you may not have any idea about. So, keep a trading journal to help you with your learning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.