What's new

HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN FOREX

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

fxmuru

I lose about $20k, so miserable. Am not good in money management and always trade follow my will and signal. Must learn a lot..

lostinheaven

I lost like $500....mainly due to greed and lack of knowledge at that time...now I've been trading on demo for few months, and Im improving. Started with a 3000 account now I'm at 12.500 and soon I'll start live trading...discipline is key

jmd1982

When i first began trading i lost quite a bit probabyl in the 4-5k range. Mostly because i was attempting to follow others calls without having any sort of education in and around the markets.

Bernado.jacob

I lost about $4,000 before making a profit. However when i look at my losses, i don't treat it as a lost, i treat it as an education fee because you will pay a lot more in university fees than you do losing. Losing is part and parcel of learning to trade the Forex markets.

There is an alternative to not losing money which is a DEMO account but i always recommend after learning the strategies of trade on a DEMO account, its good to go right into the actual account using live money

skidders

my overall loss is about $40.000
my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy
After winning good results i could not stop for this session, in the end i lost all of my winnings and Even more

2) No moneymanagement
I didn’t know exactly how much i could Risk for Each trade, and had no strategy how to minimize risk

3) Never considered business news
With the economic calendar you can sort out risky currency pairs daily,
and Even get known about important things happening on markets
Thank you for sharing you lessons sir.

legolas_aims

Lost almost 10K in the beginning, the main stupid thing i did was not managing the margin, also i never used stop loses assuming that the trend will change but it never did. :(

Sherverty

Lossing of money in Forex trading is part of the game and those who have fear of loss and are not prepared for the risk that is part and parcel of this business should simply stay away from this market otherwise they shall be threatened by the market time to time. This is actually a business made for those who want the big rewards but ready for big risk as well.

my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy
After winning good results i could not stop for this session, in the end i lost all of my winnings and Even more

2) No moneymanagement
I didn’t know exactly how much i could Risk for Each trade, and had no strategy how to minimize risk

Thats huge loss

onifadel

I think that losses are a natural thing in trading, it is similar to the cost of selling a product. The key is to minimize those losses with a good trading system, emotional control and I would add a set of tools where automated systems (bots) are essential to balance profitability and losses. And answering the question, in my case I have lost up to 50% of my capital, but I take it as an investment in training.
well said

Loss few hundred bucks back then.

All kind of business & trading have their risk. In trading we have to know :
1) Money management
2) Managing risk ( analyze all Time Frame)
3)Knowledge on price action
4) Safe trading ( set tp and sl based on analysis)
5} Do not simply follow others signal and put full margin in trading.

Aliaamirali

my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy

2) No moneymanagement

Great tips, thanks alot didnt think of the economic calander!

abdur

Everybody in forex did not start as an expert. Back when you were still a newbie, how much did you lose before you start making profit? Can you share some experience and mistakes that newbies like me should avoid?
i lost a lot and blew many account but that was my mistake

M0b1us

Just last 2 months ago when market crash in EUR/USD, i’m losing 10.000 with 3 account using Martingle in the end i’m lock the position and hedging and slowly cut lose..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN FOREX General Discussions 29
A HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN FOREX General Discussions 4
D How much did you earn during your best trading's day ? Entertainment 21
G KEEP YOUR MINDSET RIGHT DONT RISK TOO MUCH General Discussions 0
F I'm looking for a best trading system which has been backtested with much more accuracy Trading Systems and Strategies 2
G How much equity does ctrader start to take a trade with Ctrader 0
D EurUSD Down Trend , gain us much as possible , USD Has to gain now Interactive Forex Trading 1
C Suggestion everyone see how much USDJPY is overbought? General Discussions 0
C How much money does this represent? Forex Education 0
C HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PART WITH? Forex Education 1
E how much do you need to fund your broker General Discussions 22
C General How many blown accounts & how much $ have you guys lost until becoming profitable General Discussions 15
M General How much profit make you feel good? General Discussions 8
N General How much capital to start trading forex? General Discussions 4
Mashangoane How much money can you make with forex trading? General Discussions 41
MrLogeekz General Vps How Much It Costs? Forex VPS 7
L why do forex traders lose this much - 95% loss rate Forex Education 18
A how much fx belly system is accurate Trading Systems and Strategies 4
W Using EA requires knowledge as much as independent trading General Discussions 1
A They call to much and put pressure Global Prime Forex Broker Reviews 4
S How much deposit in dollars is needed to start trading General Discussions 0
A martinagle EA very profitable but how much maximum DD Forex Expert Advisors and Automated Trading 0
J How much does it cost a good EA on the web? at least 10% returns Interactive Forex Trading 32
E How much time General Discussions 15
T why ea work very well on demo account but dont trade so much on real account Forex Expert Advisors and Automated Trading 8
D How much screen do you have for trading ? Entertainment 27
E How much money does this represent? Forex Education 1
T General I very much would like to talk to you. General Discussions 1
P Forex News NZD/USD: Kiwi Looks To Be Sold Off Too Much; What's Next? - CIBC Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News USD: FOMC Minutes Didn't Add Much To Dec Hike Call - CIBC Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News GBP: Sterling Stirring Too Much? What's Next? - CIBC Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News EUR/USD: How Much Higher & Balance Of Risks Into ECB Oct Meeting? - Credit Agricole Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News CHF: Risk-Sentiment Unlikely To Deteriorate Much Further; What's The Trade? - Credit Agricole Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News GBP: Negative Brexit Sentiment Weights But Not Much Further Scope For Selling - BTMU Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News AUD: Markets Expects Too Much From RBA; AUD Shorts Attractive Here - BNPP Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News AUD: Bulls Beware; Market Expects Too Much From RBA - ANZ Interactive Forex Trading 0
P Forex News GBP: Early Days Of Brexit Negotiations Unlikely To Reveal Much - BTMU Interactive Forex Trading 0
P FOMC Minutes: How Fast? How Much? - Credit Agricole Interactive Forex Trading 1
M How much it requires becoming an experienced trader? General Discussions 1
G Tutorial How long did it take to learn btmm Trading Systems and Strategies 10
R did italy deserve to win the euro ? Entertainment 0
V Did you find any truly profitable EA here ? Forex Expert Advisors and Automated Trading 7
N Why did you become a forex trader? General Discussions 4
S Did any one have IZiBar INDICATOR, Trading Systems and Strategies 1
M General How long did it take for you guys to be profitable? Forex Education 3
W How long did it take you to become a consistent trader? General Discussions 2
L Did someone use TSR 5.0 and its installation like? Trading Systems and Strategies 1
L Suggestion Did trading with indicator can give good result Trading Systems and Strategies 6
P Forex News Why did GAIN Capital sell GTX to 360T? A conversation with CEO Glenn Stevens Interactive Forex Trading 0
M Did you hear about ATR?? Forex Indicators and Tools 17