What's new

HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN FOREX

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes
I lose about $20k, so miserable. Am not good in money management and always trade follow my will and signal. Must learn a lot..

I lost like $500....mainly due to greed and lack of knowledge at that time...now I've been trading on demo for few months, and Im improving. Started with a 3000 account now I'm at 12.500 and soon I'll start live trading...discipline is key

When i first began trading i lost quite a bit probabyl in the 4-5k range. Mostly because i was attempting to follow others calls without having any sort of education in and around the markets.

I lost about $4,000 before making a profit. However when i look at my losses, i don't treat it as a lost, i treat it as an education fee because you will pay a lot more in university fees than you do losing. Losing is part and parcel of learning to trade the Forex markets.

There is an alternative to not losing money which is a DEMO account but i always recommend after learning the strategies of trade on a DEMO account, its good to go right into the actual account using live money

my overall loss is about $40.000
my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy
After winning good results i could not stop for this session, in the end i lost all of my winnings and Even more

2) No moneymanagement
I didn’t know exactly how much i could Risk for Each trade, and had no strategy how to minimize risk

3) Never considered business news
With the economic calendar you can sort out risky currency pairs daily,
and Even get known about important things happening on markets

Thank you for sharing you lessons sir.

Lost almost 10K in the beginning, the main stupid thing i did was not managing the margin, also i never used stop loses assuming that the trend will change but it never did. :(

Lossing of money in Forex trading is part of the game and those who have fear of loss and are not prepared for the risk that is part and parcel of this business should simply stay away from this market otherwise they shall be threatened by the market time to time. This is actually a business made for those who want the big rewards but ready for big risk as well.

my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy
After winning good results i could not stop for this session, in the end i lost all of my winnings and Even more

2) No moneymanagement
I didn’t know exactly how much i could Risk for Each trade, and had no strategy how to minimize risk

Thats huge loss

I think that losses are a natural thing in trading, it is similar to the cost of selling a product. The key is to minimize those losses with a good trading system, emotional control and I would add a set of tools where automated systems (bots) are essential to balance profitability and losses. And answering the question, in my case I have lost up to 50% of my capital, but I take it as an investment in training.
well said

Loss few hundred bucks back then.

All kind of business & trading have their risk. In trading we have to know :
1) Money management
2) Managing risk ( analyze all Time Frame)
3)Knowledge on price action
4) Safe trading ( set tp and sl based on analysis)
5} Do not simply follow others signal and put full margin in trading.

my 3 biggest mistakes:
1) To greedy

2) No moneymanagement

Great tips, thanks alot didnt think of the economic calander!

Everybody in forex did not start as an expert. Back when you were still a newbie, how much did you lose before you start making profit? Can you share some experience and mistakes that newbies like me should avoid?
i lost a lot and blew many account but that was my mistake

Just last 2 months ago when market crash in EUR/USD, i’m losing 10.000 with 3 account using Martingle in the end i’m lock the position and hedging and slowly cut lose..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.