What's new

How many indexes to trade at a time?

try not too much because then you will not see the most important - price. I practice toggleable buttons for on/off some more indicators when i want on the chart on the fly.

I don’t trade more than 2-3 indices at one time. there is no right answer to your question. You should trade after deciding how much time and money you want to invest.

2 to 3 so you can keep an eye on whats happening. If you have too many and it swings around you could have a nasty shock when you check back in

Indexes are good for trading but too many at one time is not a good strategy. If there is some geopolitical effect, it can impact all main indexes. They can all move in the same direction and this will increase the risk exposure in your portfolio.

Depends on what other securities your trading. Indices trading is good for hedging. Also depends on which regions you want exposure. I take 3 indices – one each from America Europe and Asia.

i only do one. THey move way to quickly. I want to be able to watch my positions, and hit out right away if the trend is reversing.

I think three is the fine line between not trading enough and trading way to many to control them. otherwise you don't have the time to make the analysis needed

You can trade as many as a time i would recommend trading different countries ones not the same countries at the same time as you are risking it all on one country

For me, If I'm holding for the longer term I don't need to monitor short term movements to closely and I'm happy with 5/6 holdings, for the short term its 2/3 holdings. However, there's no right or wrong answer, it's what fit's in with your lifestyle and whatever you're able to comfortably manage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.